Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon on running Kirai box , Lost Love, blister of Seishin and shikome for summoning. Only layed 1 game with her so worried about frustrating my opponents with my bumbling efforts!

The only way you could not frustrate opponents with your bumbling would be if you didn't attend... bumbling is kind of a given for you Mr Spoons

...Only layed 1 game with her...

Freudian slip?

I will be at this event and hope it will help me to learn the rules. I have only had 4 games and three of those were in one day about a year ago. Oops. Better read the rule book again.

Having trouble working out if I can summon 2 different types of model? I will be using Ramos who can summon more spiders from scrap counters but I would also want to summon the electrical creation too. Is that ok?

The list I plan to use will be

Ramos

Steamborg Executioner

Mobile Toolkit

4 Steampunk Arachnids

and summon the Electrical Creation.

Leaves me with just 2 SS's but seeing as I never know when I should use them I can just forget about them. Is this list legal under the rules pack? Hope so.

See you in a couple of weeks. I will fight you off with my wooden spoon.

I'd like to ask to change my master if that's okay, been trying Perdita but I'm not keen (also trying to convince my friend to come and lending her to him!). Can I instead take Kirai, extra box of Seishin and Jaakuna Ubume?

Also, I have someone who is wondering if Ramos can take the Guardian? It says he can - Arcanist ties.

I will be at this event and hope it will help me to learn the rules. I have only had 4 games and three of those were in one day about a year ago. Oops. Better read the rule book again.

Having trouble working out if I can summon 2 different types of model? I will be using Ramos who can summon more spiders from scrap counters but I would also want to summon the electrical creation too. Is that ok?

The list I plan to use will be

Ramos

Steamborg Executioner

Mobile Toolkit

4 Steampunk Arachnids

and summon the Electrical Creation.

Leaves me with just 2 SS's but seeing as I never know when I should use them I can just forget about them. Is this list legal under the rules pack? Hope so.

See you in a couple of weeks. I will fight you off with my wooden spoon.

Thanks for the interest, and yes you can summon both types of model.

Can you please clarify if you've paid.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Also, I have someone who is wondering if Ramos can take the Guardian? It says he can - Arcanist ties.

Yes I believe that's OK. Will check when I have my books with me.

Hi guys. Just a bit of a dumb question but as time is getting short I need to do the least amount of work possible.

With a Ramos crew what counters/markers do it need to provide? The specifics do not seem to be listed on the event pack but if I can not make use of body part/corpse counters then I guess I do not need to provide my own? Just the Scrap counters right?

Anything else I need to make on the quick?

Thanks

Michael

Hi guys. Just a bit of a dumb question but as time is getting short I need to do the least amount of work possible.

With a Ramos crew what counters/markers do it need to provide? The specifics do not seem to be listed on the event pack but if I can not make use of body part/corpse counters then I guess I do not need to provide my own? Just the Scrap counters right?

Thanks

Michael

Yep, just whatever markers you need for your crew. Probably a good idea to bring some objective markers too though

Thanks

Michael

You just need to supply the counters you'll need, mainly scrap counters for you, which can be anything suitable that's either 30mm diameter (card better than paper) or stuck to a 30mm base.

You will also need a supply wagon marker at 50mm, which can be as above, though that's unlikely to win you a prize for the best one!

You will also need a supply wagon marker at 50mm, which can be as above, though that's unlikely to win you a prize for the best one!

Hmmmm. Challenge accepted ;)

Thanks guys. I have some spare 30mm bases because I mounted my models on resin bases. I will make as many as I can from stuff in my bitz boxes. As for the supply wagon, is it a problem if the wagon overhangs the 50mm base a little? I have a cool idea if only I can find the bitz I know I have somewhere.

Thanks

Michael

Hmmmm. Challenge accepted ;)

As for the supply wagon, is it a problem if the wagon overhangs the 50mm base a little? I have a cool idea if only I can find the bitz I know I have somewhere.

Thanks

Michael

No, that's fine as long at the base is accessible by a model or two at some point.

Ok so I finally got a chance to look at the rule book and the stratagies to work out what counters I need to make.

From what I can gather I will need to make a Wagon, 1 treasure counter, 3 evidence markers and a claim marker. Along with as many scrap counters as I have models that could drop them.

I will have to look through the schemes too in case there are other markers I need to make. Unless someone out there has any hints?

Really looking forward to this event. Although a little concerned that there will be a lot of 'good' players rather than newbies like myself. Not to worry, after the first game I am sure to be fighting everyone off for last place.

I plan to go along to Manufactured Conflict (a wargames centric club in Dartford Kent) for the next couple of Tuesday nights to re-learn how to play this game. Just so I don't look like a complete %$£& (insert your favourite expletive here) I will also find a place on here to add some photos of my crew as I get them painted up this weekend.

Finally thanks for taking the time to answer my dumb ass questions.

Michael

I wouldn't worry too much about the markers - 30mm bases will do fine. Good excuse to make corpse counters though.

Getting some practice in is a good idea though - I've been playing some local players at 25SS which is quite different from the usual 35SS crew selections, and I also heard the tractor boys have also been practicing!