Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "pool" consists of the starter box, totem, extra box (+ 1 summon type if applicable). Not as many duplicates of the starter box as you want. If what's in your box are summons, that's ok, but you can't take loads more Ice Gamin for instance. Otherwise Kirai players wouldnt be needing to take another box of Seishin if they want to start with more than one.

Yes - this.

Just paint it like Rudolph and you'll be fine!

I know I haven't paid yet (end of this week, I'm getting paid) but I'd like to formally declare my selections.

Faction: Guild

Starter box: The Ortegas (Perdita, Santiago, Francisco, Niño - no Papa as I didn't buy the box so I don't own the model)

Totem: Enslaved Nephilim

Additional box: The Guardian

Also, my name is Will. I will be wearing a Sombrero at the event.

Edited by LupusFerreus

The "pool" consists of the starter box, totem, extra box (+ 1 summon type if applicable). Not as many duplicates of the starter box as you want. If what's in your box are summons, that's ok, but you can't take loads more Ice Gamin for instance. Otherwise Kirai players wouldnt be needing to take another box of Seishin if they want to start with more than one.

OK, thanks for clarifying. Makes more sense now. Sorry, I'm new to this...... :1_Happy_Puppet2:

Faction: Guild

Starter box: The Ortegas (Perdita, Santiago, Francisco, Niño - no Papa as I didn't buy the box so I don't own the model)

I can lend you a Papa Loco if you like

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

We will be using the Gaining Grounds version of Treasure Hunt for this tournament. (Although it has not yet been officially released it uses the same principle as the one we're all familiar with, but the scoring is less biased towards really quick crews.)

Setup

Place one 30mm Treasure Counter in the center of the table after Crews have deployed,

but before the Encounter begins.

Special

Beginning on Turn 2, a non-Insignificant model in base contact with the Treasure

Counter may perform a (2) Interact Action to pick up the Treasure Counter if it is not

engaged by an enemy model. A model carrying the Counter can drop or pass it to

another model in base contact as a (1) Interact Action. A model carrying the Treasure

Counter changing position on the table by an effect other than the Walk Action or

leaving play drops the Treasure Counter in base contact with itself before changing

position. While carrying the Counter, a model reduces its Wk to 4 and cannot have its

Wk increased by any means. Spirits lose the ability to move through other models and

the ability to ignore terrain penalties while carrying the Treasure Counter. Models lose

Flight or Float while carrying the Treasure Counter.

Victory

At the end of each Turn after the first, if the Treasure Counter is carried by a player’s

model and that model is not engaged with an enemy model, that player scores 1 VP up

to a maximum of 4 VP.

Looks like the must be undercoated rule means the only crew I could take would be LJ, with my embarrassingly badly painted Death Marshall.. :-(

Wanted to take Perdita but as half her crew isn't even glued together yet & I don't know where my paints are she's no longer an option.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Oh.. How do I tell if my stat cards are up to date? My LJ crew are all pretty old so my cards may not be valid.

Looks like the must be undercoated rule means the only crew I could take would be LJ, with my embarrassingly badly painted Death Marshall.. :-(

Wanted to take Perdita but as half her crew isn't even glued together yet & I don't know where my paints are she's no longer an option.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Oh.. How do I tell if my stat cards are up to date? My LJ crew are all pretty old so my cards may not be valid.

Check the V2 pdfs on Malifaux.com. They'll have the most up to date versions of all book 1 models

You do have a good 3 weeks left to go! and by undercoated they don't mean base colours you could simply undercoat them spray black if your worried on the painting side. If you wanted to do Perdita then sure you could find the time between now and the tournament to stick together 5 model and spray em? I imagine that most of the family are only 1 or 2 bits?

Hmm.. yeah I know, but, my paints are at the bottom of a shed it took me 2 hours to find my Malifaux models in, I have no money to buy new paint and I need glue in order to glue them together. Also I have 2 kids, aged 2.25 years and 12 weeks they tend to be time consuming ;-) I will make every effort but can't make promises.

Dave I paid a while back (and posted that I had on here) but my name isn't in bold.

Maybe you just don't stand out.

OK - fixed.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Is it too late to sign up? Seriously considering joining, I See you have 24 out of 26 spaces left.

Not too late to join in the fun. There is no limit on places - I just keep increasing the number as the venue is "sufficient" (as Rolls Royce used to say of their engine power).

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Hmm.. yeah I know, but, my paints are at the bottom of a shed it took me 2 hours to find my Malifaux models in, I have no money to buy new paint and I need glue in order to glue them together. Also I have 2 kids, aged 2.25 years and 12 weeks they tend to be time consuming ;-) I will make every effort but can't make promises.

If crews are the only barrier, I'll accept assembled (glued) crew without paint. Or you can borrow a crew - I have all Guild plus Raspy/Lilith/Kirai/Von Schill/McMourning/Misaki which you are very welcome to borrow.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Look for "v2" in the bottom corner. Can't remember off hand which ones changes, but there's a list here http://www.wyrd-games.net/StatCards/Guildv2.pdf. All of LJ's box got new cards - PM me if you need v2's - may have some hidden away.

Sorry Closseau cross me off the list. I just looked at trains and it is impossible.

I'm going to sit in a corner and cry, living in Cornwall means I cannot attend any event outside the southwest without spending 120+ pounds and missing Monday work.

:(

Pity about that. Is getting to any of the S.Wales tournaments more feasible?

If not have to get someone organising something down your way.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Replying to say I will be attending with a Lucius crew, my first tournament, looking forward to it!

Great - let me know when you've paid.