Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

you can save time and put my name on that already ;)

Don't sell yourself short, you just need to be more agressive with your swarms.

Hoffman has an ability that allows him to take it.

I thought the rules for the tournament prohibited out of faction models regardless of whether they could take them. Levi can take any undead and constructs but is still limited to outcasts for Lost Love. Or have I misunderstood?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sell yourself short, you just need to be more agressive with your swarms.

Fair comment. To be honest I was concerned about pretty much everything in your crew simply due to lack of understanding. As it turned out I probably should have just rushed in as fast as I could to reduce the number of times you could get that nasty spell off. Losing my Steamborg was a kick in the nuts and such a waste for me to keep him out of combat for the sake of a couple of vp.

I would be happy to play your list again and maybe learn a little more. Perhaps our paths will cross on Sunday depending on the draw. At least I can say I am a little older and wiser now.

Michael

Hey there,

Just had a look at the train website and discovered that I'm fairly much gridlocked in at home due to engineering works. Apparently people don't need to use trains on Sundays, so they can just run a #*!@ service and it doesn't affect anyone. Except for those people who want to go and have a life on the weekend, but hey, what do we matter? /End aggrieved rant.

Sadly, as it looks like it will now involve multiple buses, trains and so forth - as well as nearly 4 hours of travel each way for me to get there - I'm going to have to withdraw :( Really sorry about that :(

I already paid for my ticket, but am happy for that to be considered a donation towards supporting fun events like this :)

One question about the lunch break - I was at a Warmachine tournament at TTN last weekend, and we just popped to Sainsburys - will there not be time for that? No problem if not, I'll just stop on the way to get something (don't like to miss lunch ;-) )

Timetable shows 30 minutes for lunch, which may get squeezed if we're running late, so purely up to you as its only a few minutes into Hockley.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Sadly, as it looks like it will now involve multiple buses, trains and so forth - as well as nearly 4 hours of travel each way for me to get there - I'm going to have to withdraw :( Really sorry about that :(

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you can make the next one, or Haul of Eggs in Milton Keynes which is on a Saturday, so trains may be better.

I thought the rules for the tournament prohibited out of faction models regardless of whether they could take them. Levi can take any undead and constructs but is still limited to outcasts for Lost Love. Or have I misunderstood?

What really? Well that sucks for me... Oh well, guess I'll have to take the Mechanical Attendant instead... But I refuse to paint him or enjoy using him! ;-)

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

I have finally made my counters/markers. So tomorrow I will be getting those painted up. I have one Claim marker, 3 Evidence markers, 8 Scrap counters and a Supply Wagon. I hope that's all that is required because that's all ya gettin' ;)

You're going to be extremely disappointed to play me with my improvised counters (Lightning Pods and Half jacks from my Cygnar army...)

Speaking of cards, just getting everything together and I'm a gunsmith card down. Any chance someone have a card I could borrow for the day?

I've packed all of my cards for all the factions. People can help themselves to what they need tomorrow (provided everything gets returned that is :) )

And yes, that includes a gunsmith for you Gorbad. Plus an Enslaved Neph/Levi 3.0 for whoever wanted those (if they still do).

Hi all. Just a reminder that I'll have all my cards and figures with me in case of slip-ups/forgetfulness/mishaps/whatever. I'll also bring my remaining 'spare' v2 cards for anyone that needs a swap.

For Dreamer, or anyone one else with an update, you should have the original cards with you (to meet the tournament rules) but also the printed out errata or new cards from the pdf to actually play with. Likewise, players must have the correct version of the Relic Hunter cards (so no sprinting Wastrels!).

Off to finish sorting out the scenery, then its just stapling tournament packs whilst watching whatever passes for Saturday night TV these days (or a DVD I suppose).

See y'all bright and early tomorrow!

Had a great time today thanks. I like to think I learned something. Getting a bit more confident with all this flipping lark. There were a few more experienced players than I expected at an event badged up for beginners but at least the four guys I played were all friendly and willing to help a newbie even if three of them did stomp all over me.

I will check the dates of the other events and try to keep my momentum going.

Cheers guys and thanks to my opponents for some fun games.

Michael