Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

At least these additional rules will make it easier for me to win the spoon now. So that's something I guess.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I don't understand what you are saying about scoring at the end of each turn. You score VP's every turn and they add up? Ie hold the treasure 3 turns and score 3vps? If not how do you keep your schemes secret if you have to tell your opponent every turn that I score a VP for something but I am not going to tell you what?

Just when I thought I was starting to learn the rules things go belly up. I will just have to rely on the honesty of my opponents. Which will probably translate as 'get walked all over from the start'.

Best go take a couple of happy pills to cheer myself up.

Oh on a lighter note. Got my crew painted this morning.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its only some strategies that are scored at the end of each turn(for this one only Treasure Hunt). Schemes will still score when they say they will. So at the end of the game for something like Bodyguard or when you have performed a specific action like Kill Protégé.

So its really only Treasure Hunt that's any different and all you do there is look at the board, if someone is holding the treasure and they are not engages by any enemy models the owner of the model with the treasure scores a VP.

I don't understand what you are saying about scoring at the end of each turn. You score VP's every turn and they add up? Ie hold the treasure 3 turns and score 3vps? If not how do you keep your schemes secret if you have to tell your opponent every turn that I score a VP for something but I am not going to tell you what?

It's only the new strategies that score points at end of each turn, not schemes. And basically they are similar to in the rule book but you score at the end of each turn and you can't interact with counters turn 1 (to stop filthy coloddi players getting all the objectives turn 1, you know who you are :-)

I will stick with McCabe by the way (10 thunder) so I have an excuse when I walk up to get the spoon

Jamie 'Munchkin' Matthews would like to know if he can use Willie as his supply wagon marker? It'll be painted in Resser colours to fit with his McMourning crew.

A supply wagon full of dynamite should go with a bang! Yes, that's fine.

As for the Strategies, Barnaberible is correct, the only variation from the Rules Manual is Treasure Hunt. Its not so different, but I want to see how the escalation VP works as I'll be adopting it for future tournaments.

Just a quick one, but to anyone who attended Sun Sea and Soulstones at tabletop nation, it is worth noticing that this event starts just that bit earlier (you guys have probably noticed already.) So ye might need to amend travel plans as needed ie: don't just leave the same time as the last tournament and arrive late for the 1st game.

Yes, first game is planned to start at 9:45 so if you can aim to arrive by 9:30 so I can get admin sorted out and the draw for round 1 made.

Please park in one of the nearby car parks on the estate, and not on the road. Plenty of spaces within a minute's walk.

There is a bar at the venue, and snacks, but I'd advise bringing lunch with you as there is only a short lunch break if you need to go into Hockley.

Player's Pack, including all Strategies, is ready and I'll be sneak printing it at work tomorrow

The prizes have been sorted out, and will mainly be vouchers to use in the store.

First four places will win a prize along with best painted Master and runner up, and best Supply Wagon. I'm also planning for some random prizes so everyone has a chance of going home with something.

Oh yes, and a spoon...

LostLoveSpoon_zps13c5f9e0.jpg

Edited by Clousseau

Due to the terrible english weather I have been unable to undercoat any of my Ten Thunder crews - I'm going to have to switch to Hoffman (who is pretty much fully painted)... If I paint the Mobile Tool Kit tomorrow night and leave the Hunter at home (who I won't be playing!) I could enter the painting competition, which would be nice...

Also, Dom has told me he won't be able to make it sadly (for my petrol budget!)...

Also, Dom has told me he won't be able to make it sadly (for my petrol budget!)...

:Sad_Puppet1:

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Due to the terrible english weather I have been unable to undercoat any of my Ten Thunder crews - I'm going to have to switch to Hoffman (who is pretty much fully painted)... If I paint the Mobile Tool Kit tomorrow night and leave the Hunter at home (who I won't be playing!) I could enter the painting competition, which would be nice...

Don't forget that it is only the Master that's being judged for painting (so people can concentrate on painting one model really well).

Isn't the Mobile Toolkit an Arcanist model, and therefore illegal in a Guild crew? (Haven't got my books handy.)

Indeed, 'Arcanist Ties' let's Hoffman hire any Arcanist Construct without Frozen Heart or Smoldering Heart... In fact, the Took Kit is the only Totem that specifies 2 specific masters (Hoffman and Ramos)...

Didn't realise painting was just the master - I'll bring the Hunter then, but I probably still won't play it... ;-) I'll still try and paint the Tool kit though - in theory it shouldn't be too much effort to paint something that small and made of metal...

One question about the lunch break - I was at a Warmachine tournament at TTN last weekend, and we just popped to Sainsburys - will there not be time for that? No problem if not, I'll just stop on the way to get something (don't like to miss lunch ;-) )