Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a count of the masters so far and it seems we got a very good selection of crews. 21 out of a possible 31.

Guild:

Perdita

Lucius

Lady J x 2

(McCabe x 2)

Neverborn:

Collodi

Pandora

Dreamer x 2

Zoraida x 2

Resurrectionists:

Kirai

Molly

Seamus

McMourning x 2

(Yan Lo)

Arcanists:

Rasputina

Ramos

Marcus

Collette x 2

(Mei Feng)

Outcasts:

Leveticus

Viktorias x 2

Ophelia

10 Thunderes:

Misaki x 2

(McCabe x 2)

(Mei Feng)

(Yan Lo)

So by my count that means we don't have:

Sonnia

Hoffman

Nicodem

Kaires

Lilith

Som'er

Hamlin

Von Schill

Jakob

Edited by Gorbad

It does mean that no entire faction is going to be there and that, perhaps not so surprising, Outcasts are the least represented faction. A bigger surprise to me is that Guild is the second least represented faction, lacking both Sonnia and Hoffman. And almost 10% of the field is made up of henchmen.

I'm booked in, make me bold! Looks like I'll be bringing Lady Justice, though a couple of evenings base coating might see me bringing Perdita, I'll let relevant peeps know if I do change..

I'd better have a read of the rules, it's been sooo long, hope me and my friend (who should also be coming) can get a practice game in..

I believe the rulespack says that as long as you have the proper card and a suitable figure then proxies are allowed.

I got a question about Treasure Hunt. It says non-insignificant to pick up the treasure but can I hand it off to an insignificant model after I've picked it up and have the insignificant model hold it and still score vps?

I got a question about Treasure Hunt. It says non-insignificant to pick up the treasure but can I hand it off to an insignificant model after I've picked it up and have the insignificant model hold it and still score vps?

Yes. The only requirement is a significant model picks it up. That model can then pass it to an insignificant model who can be holding it (and out of melee) at the end of the turn to score a vp.

Yes. The only requirement is a significant model picks it up. That model can then pass it to an insignificant model who can be holding it (and out of melee) at the end of the turn to score a vp.

That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure it wasn't an oversight in the post but the way it was meant to work. Got a number of insignificant models in my crew so could be handy.

Not sure if I missed something but I thought an insignifcant model can pick up the treasure? The only thing is it only counts as being 'carried' if the model holding it at the end of the game is significant.

In the most recent iteration of Gaining Grounds (as can be seen here) it is only significant models that can pick up the treasure. In the current published rulebooks any model can pick up the treasure but it only counts as carried at the end of the game if it is carried by a significant model.

I cannot remember for sure which ruleset Clousseau is using but I believe it to be the most recent Gaining Ground. Hopefully he can clear this up (or I can look back through the previous 31 pages of this thread).

In the most recent iteration of Gaining Grounds (as can be seen here) it is only significant models that can pick up the treasure. In the current published rulebooks any model can pick up the treasure but it only counts as carried at the end of the game if it is carried by a significant model.

I cannot remember for sure which ruleset Clousseau is using but I believe it to be the most recent Gaining Ground. Hopefully he can clear this up (or I can look back through the previous 31 pages of this thread).

Holy crap! There's another set of rules I have to learn? :(

Holy crap! There's another set of rules I have to learn? :(

Not really, it's some very minor tweeks to the current strategies. Things like scoring vps at the end of each turn rather than at the end of the game so that a game can still have a fair score even if it doesn't last the full 6 rounds. However as I'm not a henchman I've only seen what is available in the link I gave earlier to the York rules pack.

I know there was some floating of the idea of not being able to interact with objectives on turn 1 but have no idea if that will be implemented.

Here's Treasure Hunt again for clarification.

Shared Treasure Hunt (Gaining Ground Variant)

Both you and your opponent have uncovered the location of an important Malifaux

artifact, and must race to be the first to claim it.

Setup

Place one 30mm Treasure Counter in the center of the table after Crews have deployed,

but before the Encounter begins.

Special

Beginning on Turn 2, a non-Insignificant model in base contact with the Treasure

Counter may perform a (2) Interact Action to pick up the Treasure Counter if it is not

engaged by an enemy model. A model carrying the Counter can drop or pass it to

another model in base contact as a (1) Interact Action. A model carrying the Treasure

Counter changing position on the table by an effect other than the Walk Action or

leaving play drops the Treasure Counter in base contact with itself before changing

position. While carrying the Counter, a model reduces its Wk to 4 and cannot have its

Wk increased by any means. Spirits lose the ability to move through other models and

the ability to ignore terrain penalties while carrying the Treasure Counter. Models lose

Flight or Float while carrying the Treasure Counter.

Victory

At the end of each Turn after the first, if the Treasure Counter is carried by a player’s

model and that model is not engaged with an enemy model, that player scores 1 VP up

to a maximum of 4 VP.