Molly Squidpiddge Tactica

hippieshopper

Some good observations and a nice little write up for new players to explore. Personally I would disagree with a few of the things said....but only a few ;) and thats purely down to my own experience.

I'm also glad somebody else rates 'Terrible Secrets', which has got me at least two 8-0 wins ....with Molly leading and being VERY VERY careful with RN.

If I get time I'll probably like to expand the 'Whispered Secrets' Stealing list :)....I went through all the books and wrote down every spell worth stealing in my notebook.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love using Terrible Secret, as I think it is her best ability. I just don't think it's worth bringing her to have access to it for 9SS, especially as she is rarely able to use it as well as I'd like as she doesn't have that extra action she should.

I also agree she is great for Bodyguard, but I actually think you cheapen Molly when you target her with it, because if she needs to stay alive for points you pull the teeth from the Threat of Philosophy of Uncertainty, and the opponent's big hitters can come after her with abandon if you attach that scheme to her.

Yeah, I'd probably prefer not to bodyguard her just so I can have the option to instakill that Cassandra, Rail Golem, Duet or similar high caliber high cost minion. Though again, immune to influence rears it's ugly head here. Though I know the Onryo can help with that, it's not like it's guaranteed though and she can't even be used with the carrion effigy who might have had a semblance of a reason to be used in this context.

You cannot use molly to do Kirai's summons as the spells mention models by name.

You can have her copy the lost love's spell to ensure your non-spirit big hitter is turned into a spirit.

Nope, nothing ins Kirai's summons states anywhere that it's Kirai who takes the wounds. Just that after succesfully casting the spell, sac x spirits and suffer y wounds.

Also, chances are that if you are using molly to spiritfy something than your list already has too many points on non spirit models.

Nope, nothing ins Kirai's summons states anywhere that it's Kirai who takes the wounds. Just that after succesfully casting the spell, sac x spirits and suffer y wounds.

Also, chances are that if you are using molly to spiritfy something than your list already has too many points on non spirit models.

The spells state: Suffer X Wounds, Summon 1 "Model Name".

So you cannot copy a spell that mentions any model by name, not just the name of the one you are copying it from.

Used her twice tonight against Lillith and her crew in two 25ss games.

First game I used her as a Henchman attached to McMourning. Surprisingly, Molly got more done than McMourning (he got crushed with a cheated Red Joker for damage and destroyed) as I was able to debuff the opponents master and was able to chew it up with the Rogue Necromancy.

Second game I again used Molly but this time as Leader. She again was able to steal Acid Breath but was unable to use it to any great effect this game, but did debuff a Mature Nephalim which was chewed to bits by my RN.

I'll definitely be giving Molly a fair shake in future matches.

Well i played the girl at least for 15 games the last weeks in a seamus crew and (as mentioned in the "make Seamus work" thread came up with some really good experieces for her... i just cite myself here:

one thing people forget to metion is the following: MOLLY!

Jep you heard right.

I played Seamus quite a lot those past two week... with various Crews... and i found that having Molly around makes the whole bunch just outright nasty... interesting thing is: Molly does all the buffing and plays slower so in the end it feels like she is the master and Seamus works as heavy hitter... belles can get a movement of 8 when they are both around (which is just awesome as it halfs your APs needed for positioning) and both can take astonishing amounts of damage if things go your way. Imbue Vigor grants +3 walk to a model for the cost of a medium :masks and that makes a good buff for seamus so he can keep up with the belles and has more AP to shoot and slice.

I use lists as the following the most:

1. hitty as hell list

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter -- 8 Pool

Copycat Killer [2ss]

Molly Squidpiddge [9ss]

Grave Spirit [1ss]

Bête Noire [9ss]

Rotten Belles [4ss]

Rotten Belles [4ss]

jup, few models but a healthy cache (which you will need with master and henchmen) and seamus + bete are just awful for most opponents... i often use molly to summon extra belles (okay they cost 2 counters but seamus is often just to occupied ^^) or if possible: sybelle (hitter nr. 3)

2. Field control deluxe:

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter -- 7 Pool

Copycat Killer [2ss]

Molly Squidpiddge [9ss]

Grave Spirit [1ss]

Crooked Man [4ss]

Hamelin, The Ratcatcher [10ss]

Rotten Belles [4ss]

Again few models but a very very nasty list... Hamelin effectivly makes the board a big deal smaller and with Mollys imbue vigor (did i mention i love that spell?) he is effectivly at movement 7 giving him a 32" threat range in turn one... a high handcard and you have a good chance of killing something big /ugly/important in round 1 (pipers lure is just awfully nasty when targeting low wp minions in the first gameturns). Molly can copy the spell with whispered secret and via the grave spirit you can cast the damn thing up to 5 times per turn Oo. And what remains gets shot to shreds by Seamus himself...

Belle and crooked make a tag team and scare things away from bottlenecks and markers (via shaft and lure)

i played this list today against a TT Lynch crew.. in turn 2 i had killed Graves an illuminated and a desp merc with brilliance without having taken a single wound and only activating 4 of my models... my opponent was really annoied at that and well let's just say the game didn't change much from that point on.

3. Tanky babe!

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter -- 8 Pool

Copycat Killer [2ss]

Molly Squidpiddge [9ss]

Grave Spirit [1ss]

Rotten Belles [4ss]

Rotten Belles [4ss]

The Hanged [8ss]

well should speak for itself... these models can take a ton of punishment and still keep going... perfect for defennsive play and to counter opponnent strategies like slaughter etc.

so yes i mostly agree with the OP and share his feelings.

I will agree that in any given game if Molly is able to get most of her spells to work that it will be an enjoyable experience.

Posting all her spells and making assumptions that they are all going to work because you need a few mid level suited cards and she has the USE SOULSTONE ability is reaching at best.

Many posters tend to gloss over that your opponent has the opportunity to resist/cheat and use soulstone as well. There is also that random factor where you a) draw a bad hand, B) flip a low card after spending a stone or c) the ever dreaded black joker rears its ugly head when you really needed that spell to work.

Reliability as Fetid has pointed out is not what I would characterize Molly. Gruesomes 35 stone list consisting of 9 necro punks is going to be more reliable because they do not need certain suits to be effective. Bolstered to CB 7 DF 7, STD and H2K the only draw back is Nicodem is going to have to consistently activate early in the rounds.

Even that is not as not as much a negative when you consider he can heal up the wounded punks from the previous turn by targeting them with his Decay and then finish the activation with Bolster. Only the necro punks leap needing 6 mask is their unreleasable talent but even that is countered because its a zero action.

The reason why people spend the stones on Von Schill is because he is 100% reliable. He doesn't need to cast a single spell to be a royal PITA. His ability to accomplish objectives/schemes alone can be worth his stones. I always raise an eye brow at spells that need suits to cast, especially when they are on henchmens cards. If you are lucky enough to get those spells off at the right time then I agree that Molly is a very dangerous and potent henchmen.

I have to ask Darios. What did the copycat killer add to any of your lists? and with how much terrain do you play with? Because of Hamelin has clear lines to piper's Lure stuff do death from far away, it probably means you aren't using enough scenery.

Also, your hitty list, don't you run into horrible problems against non living crews with no undead since bete noir can only come from your models and you won't get corpses till your guys die. Also, what's so hitty about Seamus except for the gun?

@ Razhem... we play with pretty much terrain on baord... using a mix of terraclips and mortheim buildings for the most... you could get an impression in the pictures of my armyproject. it's on a differnt board an in german tough!

Or if we play at the club the amount of terrain is like this

Copycat didn't do much... i just happen to like the model and painted it recently... so i snugged him into the lists. (and i didn't have have the Avatar for Seamus at that time.)

All the above lists are based on what i had available in my modelpool at that time. So it's not strictly "the hardest you can get!"

For sure you can get into trouble with the Betelist against Nonliving or Construct heavy builds. But on the other hand: just don't take the list. Malifaux is all about rock-scissor-paper.

For Seamus: he ist tough, has his gun and a damagespell that heals him plus some nasty CC Triggers paired with Terrifying. Plus Use Soulstone, so that might not be the end of the line concerning damage but at least it's decent enough as far as i see it for no hiring costs.

Can't understand how people can call the Copycat Killer aweful... Yes, he is way more situatinal than the Grave Spirit but aweful would like Malifaux Child level. Let's not forget CK is a 2 SS model.

What do I get for those 2 SS? A chance to switch places with my Master. That is pretty awesome in my book. Even though I don't have the :masks on my hand my opponent always has to be aware of a possible switch...

Second the weapon may only have Cb 3 but it's plenty useful. First we have quiet some chances to lower Df (Undress) or give the enemy :-fate :-fate for Df Flips (Molly). If you are able to do a focused attack and your opponent has to cheat first it will always cost him a high card to avoid heavy damage...

Well it's definetly not a superb model but very playable.

@Molly

Pre book 4 I would have argued she is worth taking in competitive games. With those new minions I think those 9 SS can be spend much more effective... ;)

The copy cat is awful because while he certainly has the potential to do certain things he is not reliable. Reliability is key. Add to that he eats the totem slot for an amazing model, the grave spirit, and that for 2 stones I could get a desperate merc instead, who is 1000% more effective in almost every situation you could possibly imagine.

The CCK, while one of the sculpts I quite like, only has a place in fluffy lists, not in ones that are trying to fill their slots with effective models.

To drag this topic back onto it's original one, I just remembered a question I had about Molly.

Is Pitiful the only way to make use of Wp (:crows) Twisted Mind: After this model wins an opposed WP Duel, the opposing model suffers 2 Wd.

Is there something else on the card I am missing, or maybe more inventive/creative ways of making use of this trigger.

Edited by Rhonlore
Fixing crow icon.