What do you think about Ottototottooo?

Guardian

I really dislike how the model looks, imho its just silly...not even funny. xD

(cudos to the guy that made the conversion with bette noir cowboy, though!)

And I also dislike his rules. I mean sirously? Really? Really?!? Hes stupidly good!

This model is (in my opinion) a testiment of power creep.

What do you guys think? :)

I really like the model as its something very different from every other model I own (same reason I like the new Misaki model as well)

I haven't found him overpowered in the least so far - both times I've used him, he's died without doing anything (apart from making the enemy master concentrate on killing him)...

And I also dislike his rules. I mean sirously? Really? Really?!? Hes stupidly good!

No, power creep would be him without animosity: Zoraida. That would be nasty. Yes he's very hitty and good with torkorage, yes he is a very good 8ss minion. There are lots of them out there...he's no better than von schill, jack daw etc. If someone is silly enough to let him get near you then thats there bad. You wouldn't bunch up if playing Sonnia or deploy you big hitting, low wp minion in line of sight of Zoraida....

I don't know who you play with but if you think he's that good take a master or model like hamelin with obey and make him hit his own models. Take von schill and gun him down.

He's very good but i disagree with you on power creep; I think Wyrd has done a great job with book 4- lots of great, themed models-this is nothing like the accusations people had of book 2. As others have said, its difficult to discuss without specific examples but have you actually tried playing against him yet? Theory-faux never gives a true picture...

You opinion of the model is....your opinion.... I love dynasty warriors so am loving all Misaki's crew!

Edited by McDoogle
typo

Flurry and Melee Master is horrid but defensively, he's Seamus level wafer thin.

I would say he's slow but you know ... Torakage.

He is a melee santiago that trades a + in built unto damage flips for a damage buff to attacking object targets/objjective things. How is that power creep? He is a melee version of a model that has existed since the book 1 days that has a melee based damage output instead of a ranged damage output. What is your defination of power creep? Because honestly in my humble opinion a melee version of an existing ranged model from when the game started isn't that bad too me.

Interesting, you guys think hes in line?

Ok, cool, Ill see a couple more games then :)

Now that you say kang is better, cant wait facing HIM! :D

Edit: umm, wait, its not him that has repost? It IS kang, ok, yeah... I was reffering to THAT guy!

My appologies, dont have the book yet!

Edited by Guardian

No book yet? Sounds like someone was on the receiving end of a beat down. Sounds like someone used a model well, got the most out of it and put some smack down. Neither Ototo nor Kang are OP. I've had both perform well and both perform miserably.

Again, I repeat my request for more info. Without reasons why they are OP, this is a pointless thread.

I guess comparing to book 1 minions is pointless.

Also not true. My 7ss Santiago will put the 8ss Kang down in one activation. Kang can't use his DF Trigger against a gun...and he won't be around at the start of next turn to heal up.

It is true that they are fresh and new. People always think new things are OP until they learn what they can do and how to defeat them. This newest book has lots of things like that.