Rail Crew - WIP

Mach_5

I've got my Rail Crew based and primed. Hurray! Hopefully I can be strong and finish up my Lilith crew before diving into these.

I'm planning to pick up more Ten Thunders over time and will be using these 'Asian Garden' bases throughout, which is why I went without rail-themed bases. As Mei Feng's exploding wood doesn't really fit the basing theme I made up a stone lantern for her to perch on (karate kid-style). If you are wondering I managed to get a small pin into the bottom of her foot! She's quite sturdy now.

post-4089-13911925855716_thumb.jpg

(click to zoom)

Edited by Mach_5

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not until recently. Thankfully I'm entered into a builder/painting contest where we need to paint a 35pt crew over 3 months. Just the motivation I needed to put a dent in this crew! The first 15ss worth is due at the end of the week so check back soon for updates.

Cool. Yeah whatever it takes to motivate ya. Hadn't looked at your work since the early stages of your Lilith crew. It's coming along nicely.

I've been trying to muscle my way through the Thunder, Rail, Relic Hunters, Dark Debts, Belles, and support models for each. If the weather is halfway decent tomorrow, I'll prime Masters of the Path. Out of all of them, Thunder is the closest to finished.

Here's where I'm at. Skin is mostly done on the rail workers, the rest is just a quick coat to get an idea of the colour scheme. I think the rail crew will be sporting this pale green (gw rotting flesh) and black scheme throughout. The Ten Thunders brother is likely closer to what I'll use with The Thunder crew.... one day.... ;)

post-4089-13911928385854_thumb.jpg

Here's where I'm at. Skin is mostly done on the rail workers, the rest is just a quick coat to get an idea of the colour scheme. I think the rail crew will be sporting this pale green (gw rotting flesh) and black scheme throughout. The Ten Thunders brother is likely closer to what I'll use with The Thunder crew.... one day.... ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12163[/ATTACH]

Oddly enough, we're in the same stage on those guys, except you at least have yours on some basing. I went with Khaki over Rotting Flesh, but still.

The skin colour looks really good. What is your recipe? I have not had a lot of success getting a skin tone that looks satisfactory on my Rail Workers.

I used P3-Rucksack Tan as a base, then shaded with P3-Gun Corps Brown, then highlighted with mixtures of Rucksack Tan, GW Bleached Bone, and P3 Menoth White Highlight. I think I want to go a bit darker on the shading in some areas. Perhaps a little brighter highlights for the faces. Hard to tell without the rest closer to completion.

post-4089-13911928473171_thumb.jpg

Here they are, "done enough" for the local painting competition I needed them done for. Certainly table ready, but could easily spend a few more hours prettying them up (especially the blacks, and the bases). Not the best photo either, alas... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...