Bad timing?

Blog

its odd that a store would be down for maintenance this long. if they are doing a major overhaul, why not run the old version while you set up the new one?

I too kept checking in hopes that there would be something new for Halloween. But then i realized you dont need to take the store down to get ready for a special release. Maybe they are testing to see if they even need it anymore, with all the resellers and all.

It has been down quite awhile, and it was down for quite awhile a few times before. I can't quite recall if one of those times happened to coincide with last year's Black Friday Sale.

I'd say as long as they're the only place we can get stat cards, we certainly need them. Same goes for Gencon sales, which, as chaotic as they can be, are a great option for those of us who can afford to go to Gencon, or buy the models, but not both.

It's getting a major software update, which won't really affect a single thing y'all see, but helps the stability of the store and database as well as getting a few other gremlins knocked out of the system.

It 'could' work just fine right now, but every few orders or so something pops up that requires someone to give it personal attention and some changes to fix it up and quite bluntly, tired of doing so as there are more than a few things getting worked on at the moment to keep my attention. Hopefully it'll get its update and backend overhaul today and if all goes well - be back up before tomorrow.

Of course I expected that last week, so who knows. :)