Molly and the Student of Conflict

OldManMyke

Morning all

So if you lead a crew with Molly, you can hire Horrors, Belles and Totems and one of the things that JOn has been doing is hiring the Student to give Molly fast. However a debate sparked up on Twitter today about if the Student costs Molly 3 or 4SS

The crew creator has it costing her 3 but we couldn't see anything on her card that would allow the overiding of mercenary models costing 4

Anyone got any suggestions / rules knowledge as to what the correct cost would be.

Thanks in advance

I cannot think of any rules reason why the Student would not cost Molly the full 4SS. The Crew Creator is likely incorrect on this one. A PM to Ratty should solve it.

The SoC could also give the RN Fast, which is possibly more attractive. Another paired Cb7 attack would be lovely :)

I should explain that I based my assumption on the crew creator, the fact that Molly cannot hire mercenaries (leading me to think that the Student would not be hired as a mercenary) and the fact that I'm a cheating filth-loving scumbag. #Molly2012

Molly can hire mercenaries, they just need to be a horror or a belle or a totem.

She can't hire the essence of power, (for example) because its not her faction and has no rules allowing her to hire it outside of faction even though it is a totem.

She can hire Student of Conflict or Malifaux child despite them not being ressurectionist as they have a rule which allows them to be hired outside of faction (mercenary).

Any model hired out of faction will cost 1 extra soulstone, unless there is a rule that means they can be hired at no extra cost.