Yet another Malifaux podcast?

Richelieu

Just want to announce the first episode of Through the Breach is available on the Website www.throughthebreach.com (And episode 2 comes out tomorrow...)

Through the Breach is the Brain child of Josh Cal (oscure_ref) of Deployment zone infamy, and myself Mark Dieter (Second Founding, Adepticon Talks podcasts) as well as two fresh new faces from the greater Portland area. Jon B, and Mr Bigglesworth.

Why listen to yet another Malifaux podcast? Umm… yeah… We may not be the best. But, we feel that having hosts ranging from Ohio to Oregon gives us a chance to give differing meta opinions. And being experienced podcasters you don’t have to worry about getting invested and having the cast pod fade. Our families have already written us off, and we like our own voices too much to go away.

So sit back and let us know what you think!

Mark

Well I-Tunes has sent the approval email.. So I would assume by tomorrow evening we will be a searchable entity on the Itunes store.

Dunce I am seriously hoping the curse can skip right over us. At this point going against us we are utilizing Skype heavily. However, We are managing to record at two of the three points of the triangle. And after listening to episode 2 while editing we will make sure everyone in the Portland area is recording their own audio. Then from there it will be up to me to get everything downloaded to Toledo to edit.

On the positive side... I have warned the guys that with four hosts, three time zones, and multiple people recording audio, I will edit and release as long as there are two voices to edit.

Joe, Thank you for letting us know you guys are still plugging along. I may have to see if there is time in the future to find a good store between detroit and toledo and flip some cards.

Just finished the show, really great episode. The fact you guys are experienced podcasters comes through in the sound quality and comfort behind the microphone! Your segment "On the Coroners Slab" was enjoyable, and I look forward to hearing your opinions on other models as well!

Cool beans! I'll search and download ASAP.

Yeah, I'm hoping you guys flip the Red Joker over the Black Joker (when it comes to the Malifaux Podcast curse).

I have not seen how long episode 1 yet (work blocked the site - boo!) but are you going to be 1-2 hours or will you also have shorter "supplemental" episodes? just don't go over 4-5 hours.. LOL it's for your sanity.. LOL

Well I-Tunes has sent the approval email.. So I would assume by tomorrow evening we will be a searchable entity on the Itunes store.

Dunce I am seriously hoping the curse can skip right over us. At this point going against us we are utilizing Skype heavily. However, We are managing to record at two of the three points of the triangle. And after listening to episode 2 while editing we will make sure everyone in the Portland area is recording their own audio. Then from there it will be up to me to get everything downloaded to Toledo to edit.

On the positive side... I have warned the guys that with four hosts, three time zones, and multiple people recording audio, I will edit and release as long as there are two voices to edit.

Joe, Thank you for letting us know you guys are still plugging along. I may have to see if there is time in the future to find a good store between detroit and toledo and flip some cards.

Would love to well have to have that work, always looking for games. There are plenty of malifaux friendly shops between where i'm at and toledo.

Hey look someone likes our show.

And just to be clear when Josh is talking about Sailor Moon and John it is not me. In fact I had to point out that it was Josh who spotted a Sailor Moon poster from a distance and instantly knew what it was. So don't let Josh slide on that one. :-P

Also glad Mark caught and added the fun out takes that happened. And yes Wong looks Amazing. He is going to be fun.

Also since it hasn't been mentioned yet episode 2 is up.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

Just finished Ep1.

have to ask: did the guy who pulled Lilith and Twins on the newbie KNOW it was a newbie? That's not the sort of thing I would knowingly throw at a new player. I hope to God you didn't put them off the game entirely by playing that against them.

Oh, and Witchling Stalker over Death Marshalls...only just though. DMs need a 0 action and to have PineBox completely rewritten to make it useful vs enemies.

(FWIW a mix of both WS and DMs is even better if you have the points).

Fish I had no clue he was a newbie until somewhere into turn 2.

He was playing a game when I got there, and we just racked up to play again and agreed to do terrain set up out of the book. Then about turn 2, he made a comment that he was enjoying the game but had no idea what anyone did... And well that isn't exactly the point to make that kind of change out.

Excellent show!

Just pointing out a Gremlin based rules blunder because Gremlins.

You can't do Reckless multiple times as it just gives you Fast rather than +1AP. You can't be double Fast.

Correct. I will need to relisten to that episode to find where that slipped in, but I'm sure it was more of a slip of words than anything.

Episode three should be out really soon, Mark, and the Slophualer is discussed. I would like it if you could comment on our discussion and point out what we might have missed or where we might have gotten something wrong.

Also some models are more powerful based on the Metas they are played in.

• 2 weeks later...