Sun, Sea & Soulstones Tournament in Hockley, UK 25th November

Clousseau

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some info about the venue.

Cold drinks and snacks are available, so bring your own food. There are shops a few minutes drive away if need be.

The venue has free wifi (if you have time to use it).

Please use the large free car park on the opposite side of the road (rather than parking directly outside the building).

The shop will be open all day!

i have managed to sort out the conflict on that day so will be able to head up with pox and adran.

i will bring my guild and hopefully regain my face after using only half my deck against you (clousseau) last time we met.

just bought my ticket

joe

Edited by Tarantio

Welcome to the 2 new additions. Still an odd number overall though :(

I'll make the first round draw manually so you don't play someone from the same club/area. After that its all on your results.

Can Ed & Chris please PM me their 55SS list.

Don't think Ed is coming Dave. He posted something about it on the Cross forums

Great fun all around, some really close encounters - hats off to Mark who just hit some Poxy luck getting a black joker on damage and myself getting a severe damage prevent keeping Lilith in the game against a full Vics onslaught and denying him 4pts.

learnt a lot of good lessons from today's games and reinforced in my mind that Killjoy is a tactic (who works unnervingly well with Lilith)

Overall glad did not take my Viks though as it would have been pretty much the same as some of the other lists being used and mean't their was a bit more variety even if the variety was filithy neverborn scum.

Certainly up for another event at some point, as was a great venue and smoothly run.

Oh and well done OTP for the amazingly painted Jacob crew!

A great day which went very smoothly, even with me playing. Venue was good and TTN looked after us well - even had the BF Malifaux bag on extra discount.

So I enjoyed all 4 games, though Sonnia got distracted in game 4 by the opportunity to kill Santiago, despite having used up the Tome card she needed saving the Peacekeeper earlier that turn :( - needless to say it all ended in tears (hers).

Hope everyone had a good day, and I'll be organising some more events there next year.

Results

Pos'n Player TP/VP Diff/VP

1 Pox 10/21/24

2 Tarantio 10/16/20

3= Adran 6/2/19

3= Clousseau 6/2/19

5 mwig5 6/-10/9

6 Chris 4/-3/11

7 JazzNazz 3/-13/10

8 OTP 1/-15/5

Best painted crew: Chris (Jacob Lynch)

Vouchers for 1st/2nd/3rd/Best Painted, wooden spoon for last (Pete can you please post a pic of it) and some 2012 GT mini posters (thanks Jo) for 1st/2nd/painted.

P.S. Hopefully you can hear about what you missed on a future malifools podcast :)

just goes to show that the Viks used correctly are indeed a mighty force to be reckoned with (especially when they are holding the red joker) Their was a couple of things you could have done differently that would have made my day a lot worse and comes down to knowing the crew (For example Von Shill could have destroyed all those scrap counters near collodi and he would have had no chance of getting any of his marionettes back.)

best game of the four though, close, full of thrills and spills and "cheating fate" certainly up for a rematch at some point in the future.