Some questions from beginner

Zombie

Question

Hello folks, just had my first two games of Malifaux last weekend (Lilith vs. Rasputina and another game Lilith vs Seamus) and here's a couple of questions which came upon us:

1. Seamus has slain Terror Tot Nephilim; which one triggers first: Black Blood or Necrotic Ministrations? (Wondering could he heal someone up or do they die from the black blood first)

2. Rotten Belle uses Lure upon Terror Tot Nephilim and Seamus has targeted him earlier with No Escape. In which order do things happen? Does Nephilim move first, belle strikes, seamus charges?

3. Do different Terror abilities stack? For example if Terror Tot Nephilim is charging into melee range of Seamus (12) and The Hanged (13).

I've read quickly the free rules from the malifaux website (why u no printer friendly?), I'm not that fond of reading books from my computer screen and I'm still waiting for my rulebook to arrive.

16 answers to this question

1) If an effect would trigger that should take place at the same time, the person who's turn it is decides the order it happens. So if Seamus was doing the attack on the controller's turn, he could take the Black Blood and then Heal himself (or whichever order is more beneficial to the player). If it was a something like Riposte (attack back at the thing attacking you when it misses) where it was not Seamus' controllers turn, then the Tot's controller would then decide the order.

2) I can't answer this for sure. I want to say he would charge before the actual move (the walk effect has happened and has not yet resolved entirely but Seamus sees the Tot trying to walk away).

The Tot would then have to Disengage to get to the Belle, but I assume Seamus will let the Tot go on his merry way to visit one of his pretties and won't even try to do a disengaging strike on the Tot.

1) Black blood triggers on the tot being wounded, Necrotic Ministrations does not kick in untill something is killed, so black blood will go off first.

2) I agree with Sarsnick about the charge happening before it actually moves since it states immediatly, although there would be no disengaging strike since lure is a push.

Hmmm I think I was bit unclear on the second question, let's rephrase it:

1.Terror Tot Nephilim is not engaged at the moment with anyone

2. In Previous turn Seamus has targeted Terror Tot Nephilim with No Escape (so he hasn't yet charged)

3. Rotten Belle casts Lure on Terror Tot Nephilim

4. What happens ? Does the Nephilim move closer to Rotten Belle - - > Seamus charges (if nephilim is too close to him he can't charge I suppose?) - -> Rotten Belle makes her attack?

Hope that cleared that a bit.

Nothing happens, because No Escape only lasts until the end of the turn (technically Start Closing Phase).

Assuming you meant "2. Earlier in the turn, Seamus used No Escape on the tot.", the sequence is:

1. Tot starts its push toward the belle

2. Seamus interrupts the move, before the Tot has covered any distance, and charges the Tot.

3. After resolving the charge, the Tot continues its move (no disengaging strike possible, because it's a push).

4. When the push is complete, the Belle makes her attack.

Nothing happens, because No Escape only lasts until the end of the turn (technically Start Closing Phase).

Assuming you meant "2. Earlier in the turn, Seamus used No Escape on the tot.", the sequence is:

1. Tot starts its push toward the belle

2. Seamus interrupts the move, before the Tot has covered any distance, and charges the Tot.

3. After resolving the charge, the Tot continues its move (no disengaging strike possible, because it's a push).

4. When the push is complete, the Belle makes her attack.

This is incorrect.

You are not able to charge a model that you are already engaged with. The model would need to be within 6", but outside Seamus' melee range.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

And a clarification for the OP:

Necrotic Ministrations can only heal Seamus 2 wounds when a living or undead model dies within 6"

He cant heal anyone else with it.

Hello folks, here's some questions again after playing our 4th game (two games against Seamus and also two against Rasputina so far):

1. Terror Tot Nephilim is in close combat with Hanged, Seamus is 7 inches away and decides to shoot the poor Nephilim and manages even to hit him instead of Hanged; Black Blood ability says that in order it triggers it must be hit by melee attack – is this intended? I found it bit silly that blood doesn’t splatter to nearby enemies from ranged attack.

2. Hanged ones ability:

(1) Hangman’s Knot (CC: 12M/Rst: Wp /Rg: 12) Dg 1/2/4. Push target model 4” toward this model.

Does the damage happen first (possibly triggering Black Blood) and after that model moves or other way around or can the player who’s turn it is decide which happens first?

3. If model takes falling damage who flips the falling damage?

4. Does Liliths Earthquake affect herself too?

5. Seamus casts ‘’Arise, My Sweet’’ but fails – is the corpse counter discarded or does it stay in play?

1. If it says melee attack only then its melee attack only

2. Dg first

3. We generally play it as the player whose model isnt falling

4. Earthquake is a :pulse and models are not affected by their own :pulse or :aura unless specifically stated (think of them like a donught)

5. Corpse counter stays in play as the casting requirement wasnt met