Steamborg Executioner uses arachnid as a soccer ball

Hardlec

Question

Steamborg executioner strikes an aracnid, both on the same crew. The arachnis is knocked aside. The Steamborg charges the arachnid and knocks it asside again, travelling a good distance down the board. Neat trick, except:

As I understand things, the steamborg must strike an ENEMY model, and then may charge another model, i.e. not the poor arachnid it just booted down the line.

Am I wrong?

Also, does Melee Expert allow for three charges? I would think not.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

now its long enough

5 answers to this question

An interesting idea, but you're correct in thinking that there's an issue with it. The V2 card says that the trigger needs an enemy defender, and needs to charge 'another model' within range. Now, that being said...I believe that so long as you keep getting the trigger off, and keep having valid different targets in range, you can keep going.

SO whilst your original question says it can't be done for two reasons, if you got the trigger of the triggered charge, you could make another charge. If you made your attack with melee expert you can still get the trigger to allow you to make a charge. There isn't a limit to the number of charges you can make, just so long as you can keep hitting the trigger and charge a different model (so two enemy models can allow quite a distance travelled with the right hand/flips).

So when my opponant who likes treasure hunt tries to kick his own spider down the lane to advance to the treasure, I kindly point out that it has to be an enemy model. Spreading out my crew may be a bad thing in front of the steamborg.

Too bad the "Knock aside" thing does no damage. Otherwise I could use Papa Loco as a land mine...(Grins with smoke)