Just off the train... My journey into Malifaux

Angels_blade

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well your models look very well painted, first thing. Have to be honest though - this thread officially seals it for me that I will not ever be using the new transparent bases to hold models. Tokens and counters maybe (and that's a big maybe) but otherwise not s fan.

Like I said though - your actual painted models look really fantastic!

Well thank you again. Had a great game with my LJ crew last night against Misaki and the ten thunders. Guardian and Austringer were fantastic leading to a 6-0 win and the complete destruction of Misaki and her crew for the loss of a single Death Marshal. It was my first game using a totem which worked very well also (as did drawing the Red Joker in my hand twice!). Anyway, not as productive as planned this weekend. I finished my Judge and my Austringer (minus base) although I'm waiting on an order of 30mm Ghost town inserts so I can finish the scales of justice, Nino and Perdita.

judge.jpg

austringer.jpg

On a side note my LGS Worthy Gaming in Preston got stock of some resin base inserts from a brand new company called DCB Miniatures http://dcbminiatures.co.uk/ so I picked up a pack for my Arcanists. For starters they are stupidly cheap and very nice to boot. At the moment they only have the streets inserts but I was chatting to the guys who have set it up (really nice blokes btw) and they will have Ghost town, Arid lands, Laboratory and Bamboo decking available soon.

arccrew.jpg

Cheers guys AB

C&C Welcome as always!

Your metals are really gorgeous. What do you use for them? I've never managed to have anything come out so well. Apologies if that's already been asked in this thread but my internet is a bit slow and that makes going through all your pages of prettiness too much effort...

You've really picked the painting pace! Great work on the metallics and very nice bases, I particularly like the one you used for Watcher. I haven't seen any decent pics of alt Executioner before this one. I like the painting but the mini just doesn't do it for me. The sculpt is more dynamic but it doesn't look as bulky and imposing as the older version.

Ok I've been very busy at work but I have now only got 7 more minis to do in time for the GT. They are all built and primed and I have put them in a painting order to do next week.

1. Monday = 2 x Ronin

2. Tuesday = Miss Terious

3. Wednesday = Scales of justice and Warden

4. Thursday = Santiago and Nino Ortega

5. Friday = Rest!

In the mean time I took a couple of pictures of my completed crew on our gaming clubs new Malifaux board and I wanted to share cos I really like them!!

crew-1.jpg

crew2.jpg

Hopefully you can get the gist of what I'm going for here with basing and colour palette. I may not be very good at playing Malifaux but I'd be really chuffed if I can get some kind of mention for painting at the GT!

Cheers AB