I seek knowledge from Colette DuBois Players

stochastic

So I guess I shouldn't spend my money on Agelica? :)

I don't see why not. She is a beautiful model and would still look great sitting on your shelve or even as a proxie for a Performer.

If anything, give her a try, you might find that you like her. I mean after all I'm not 100% sold yet on the Orion. But I'll still give the shiney a try when they are released.

I ended up buying:

• 2x Coryphee (2 packs) - Mostly because I got em cheap. (Then I can make 2 on a 50mm)
  • Mechanical Doves
  • Showgirls Box Set
  • Alternative model of Rasputina (I like that one better)
  • Silent one (needed one more)
  • Then I ended up buying Level 7 Escape, boardgame
  • And wood-planked-resin-bases for all of my Colette Crew.

Looking forward to play my new army :)

Then I guess Lineup will be: (35SS)

• Colette Du Bois (With 3 SS Pool) --- (Doves will get summoned I guess)
  • Cassandra, Magician's Apprentice
  • Coryphée
  • Coryphée
  • Performer & Mannequin
  • Performer & Mannequin

Edited by stochastic

Be prepared to confuse the hell out of yourself. Colette basically makes up her own rules.

With the tiniest font and the most abilities, that was the running joke. "You're just making that up."

--------------

With Angelica's seeming shortfalls, wouldn't it make sense to keep a dove nearby to zortch it as a 'stone for anything she might need?

Edited by i_was_like_you

You might want to drop 1 perf/manne to up your ss cache to start with (could add a dove as well and go 7 ss cache). You can start with the list you like its just with a 3 ss cache it might be a little rough to get used to the crew. However if you go straight up hit and run style and just focus on vp's you might not need too.

But it will mainly depend on how you play them. Hope you enjoy the showgirls. It is also a really hilarious setting when you win with them if your opponents our kinda macho you can always poke them with the line "hey you just got tabled by fancy dress wearing women" that can always illicit a few note worthy curses of self depression from your opponents :).

Actually I was thinking about the exact same thing, planning my lineup for tomorrow.

Colette

Cassandra

2x Coryphee

Performer & Mannequin

and then I thought, hmmm quite expensive to get another performer+mannequin in, so I was thinking about 2 Doves, and then a pool of 5 SS. (might be a good start)

My first 2 turns will end up with discarding cards for soulstones anyway.

Any tips against my opponent (Hamelin the Plauged)? - Anything I should be aware of?

I wouldn't rely on this, I find I'm often using my hand on turn 1. This might just be because the local groupthink has all crews moving quite a bit, but I am pretty sure most crews can be causing you duels by turn 2 at the latest.

I normally find its only turns where I get really bad cards that I'm able to do this, as most cards above a 7 will get used for cheating.

If you group is not this agressive, then only starting with 1 dove and summoning the other two on turns 1 and 2 will work, and save you stones, but I like to have the protection multiple doves offer as soulstones by turn 2.

Actually I was thinking about the exact same thing, planning my lineup for tomorrow.

Colette

Cassandra

2x Coryphee

Performer & Mannequin

and then I thought, hmmm quite expensive to get another performer+mannequin in, so I was thinking about 2 Doves, and then a pool of 5 SS. (might be a good start)

Any tips against my opponent (Hamelin the Plauged)? - Anything I should be aware of?

Always keep the duet 15-18" away from hamelin when she ends activation unless you are making a attempt to kill him. Discharge Soulstone is great to use to kill rat catchers as well as nix due to magic resist being armor#. The performer pull spell is great for catchers as well for getting them outta armor range of rats. First target to go after should normally be nix if he isn't close to hamelin. Stolen if they aren't all the way back in his deployment zone should not be left alive. Either keep cassie close to colette until needed for wp bonus or you risk hamelin piping her for a free obey (lol that just sounded so wrong).

If you can kill hamelin go for it. When he dies he comes back but loses -4 casting so it makes it really hard for him to put insignificant on you. Hamelin his card drawing mechanic is based around you cheating cards so unless you need to cheat don't (killing nix or rat catcher, passing stolen wp13 or paralyzed duel, or making sure cassie, duet, or colette survive/resist insig spell). Also his totem is the only thing that can draw him cards so you might want to swoop in and take care of it. Ignore rats unless they are further than 6" away from hamelin or catcher or they will just come back.