aLilith

Nephilim Nate

She can have alot of forest on the table even if you start without any at all.

Her Illusionary Forest doesn't end when she manifests, and in her manifestation she places 3x 3" woods (real ones, not illusionary this time) and she can even expand onto those woods with a (1)-action after she is manifested, though I suppose you want to use all of her actions to beat up people rather than gardening.

I dont mind a Lillith, though I do find that the Avatar version to me is more of an option in the game and a tactical step sideways instead of powering up like a super sayian some people expect Avatars to be.

So I take the risk in some games spending the 2ss and may feel during the game I dont need her wich is perfectly fine, As the more games I played with her i notice how situation she is and now take her depending on the strategy im facing as well as what the enemy crew is.

She is easy to manifest taking 2 turns to make the requirments sometimes both by then.

then it comes down to stratiegic use of the forrests she generates.

surrounding the claim jump with woods and hiding the crew within I have done to great effect.

Waldergiest are usefull but not a must with her, I dont even own them. For me the Waldergiest need her more than she needs them.

She is a useful addition to a crew once you have a cunning ploy in mind as her strengths are not as obvious as some avatars, so I view her as another useful tool in my bag of tricks when needed.

Keep in mind that los can be traced into but not through woods/obscuring terrain. Also Tuco can make her not friendly (until the end of turn) in order to squeeze 1 more illusionary forest out before she manifests. (1 from puking snake-->1 from a not friendly lilith although that wastes 2 stones for the totem)

Keep in mind that los can be traced into but not through woods/obscuring terrain. Also Tuco can make her not friendly (until the end of turn) in order to squeeze 1 more illusionary forest out before she manifests. (1 from puking snake-->1 from a not friendly lilith although that wastes 2 stones for the totem)

It's not really a waste since you will lose the totem anyways when she manifests.

Cheers all.

Getting back into Lilith and thing I want the Avatar as an option. I hear what your saying about it making a different game not a game breaker which generally I think is great. I don't want a pile of 'I WIN' takes the fun out. I have to say sniping people of of forests that just popped out the ground sounds fun.

It's cool in a fluffy way. You're fighting someone and then all of a sudden forest pop up everywhere and your guys start getting dragged in and never coming out.

I've also found Nephilim needing cover so if your playing on a sparse board you may need them trees to protect from shooting and spells.

I love Lilith and I LOVE Waldgeist.

That said, I am lukewarm at best on aLilith. I don't think the extra forests and range attacks are worth the:

a) larger model profile

B) decreased movement capabilities

c) MOST IMPORTANTLY: the greatly diminished transposition

just my $0.02, but I have always been underwhelmed with aLilith whenever she hits the table.

I love Lilith and I LOVE Waldgeist.

That said, I am lukewarm at best on aLilith. I don't think the extra forests and range attacks are worth the:

a) larger model profile

B) decreased movement capabilities

c) MOST IMPORTANTLY: the greatly diminished transposition

just my $0.02, but I have always been underwhelmed with aLilith whenever she hits the table.

Sounds fair.

Can I ask then what you like to take with Lilith

Sounds fair.

Can I ask then what you like to take with Lilith

I know its a Malifaux cliche, but it really depends on the strategy and on the faction my opponent is playing.

Usually I'll take a waldgeist and a bunch of Terror Tots and Young Nephilim. Lately I've been playing w/ Tuco a lot. Once in a while I'll throw in a Mature Neph as well. I generally do not take the twins w/ Lilith.

If the board that I'm playing on does not have forests, I'll drop the Waldgeists in favor of Stitched Togethers.

It really just depends, I'm sorry I can't give a better answer than that.

How do you typically construct your Lilith crews?

In fact that helps. I wanted a non twins answer.

How do you typically construct your Lilith crews?

Well they where my first crew and then got into the Vik before I got much.

Only have Box set plus cherub and Young Neph. I like using Nephilim and after the doubles at the weekend I will be getting a Stitched, some twins (just for the right situations)

Don't know much about Tuco, whats he useful for?

Don't know much about Tuco, whats he useful for?

He shoots stuff and puts out blasts. He's also really really mobile with nimble, scout, and a (0) push.

I second what Korrosion said. Furthermore, his From the Shadows ability gives you an even greater advantage for grabbing objectives. Veiled appearance is great for movement and defense.

I really like to position him on the board opposite Lilith and have him doing his own thing. That usually includes using his Nimble + Veiled Appearance to pop out of cover, fire off a few shots at a target then get back into cover. This usually annoys my opponent greatly and causes them to focus a lot of resources on Tuco.

He is also a great objective grabber in his own right, and with his advanced deployment, he can easily grab objectives turn 1.

Overall, he offers a lot of versatility to all the NB crews (sans Dreamer, I have yet to play him w/ Dreamer for obvious reasons). I really can't praise Tuco enough, he's awesome.

/sorry for the Tuco threadjack