Malifools Midsummer Malifaux Madness 2013

OldManMyke

yeah, I think we'll be pooling. Thanks Adrian. I will certainly take you up on the offer.

Incidentally, my list of stuff to do also includes assembling the rest of the cast from Puppet Wars! Wooo Yeah!!! Can I get a high five!... anybody?.... anyone at all?.... no, just me then I guess.

Depending on if anyone else has a ready assembled set of puppets at 4M, I might leave them at home anyway. I'm only little, and need to lug my stuff all the way to the train station (boo hoo).

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a fully painted PW with me - albeit in metal, plus at least one of each in plastic. And I'll field a full Puppet Lady J crew in at least 1 game (promise).

I have a fully painted Guild crew (well, will have after the weekend) - might even touch up those that have been in the bag for 3 1/2 years!

I've got the metal models for the intro game for Puppet Wars painted and will be bringing them, will also bring all the painted Arcanist (and Merc and Beast) models I've got to pool with the team...think I might go for the same crew all weekend achievement if the rest of the team are cool with that? Though it will limit me to only 35 and 40 SS games

Morning Mike,

A couple of questions re 10T masters in there other faction (Jacob as Neverborn, Mei as Arcanist etc.)

1. 10T masters can’t be used as there other faction when playing against the 10T faction?

2. When playing as Arcanist Mei could only be used to complete:

General Achievements

Faction General achievements

3. Her Mei specific achievements are solely for 10T Mei? – I assume this as it balances out the number of opportunities each faction has to gain points?

And one question just in case they are not: can you clearify the meaning of: “Activate ‘Badass Pose’ twice on a straight line”

Cheers

Pete

Morning Mike,

A couple of questions re 10T masters in there other faction (Jacob as Neverborn, Mei as Arcanist etc.)

1. 10T masters can’t be used as there other faction when playing against the 10T faction?

2. When playing as Arcanist Mei could only be used to complete:

General Achievements

Faction General achievements

3. Her Mei specific achievements are solely for 10T Mei? – I assume this as it balances out the number of opportunities each faction has to gain points?

And one question just in case they are not: can you clearify the meaning of: “Activate ‘Badass Pose’ twice on a straight line”

Cheers

Pete

I'm not Mike but here are your answers,

1. When playing vs 10T, you cannot use a dual faction master

2. Dual faction masters only have achievements for when they are used as 10T, not as other faction. They can be used to achieve general and faction schemes. This is to balance out the achievements

3. see #2, but you got it with your assumption

4. “Activate ‘Badass Pose’ twice on a straight line” - Begin engaged in melee, hit defender and get badass pose trigger. Railwalk into a different opponent moving in a straight line. Strike second defender and hit trigger again.

So event timings

We will be registering folks on the Friday from around 7pm but official sign in is on Saturday 8.30-9.00 am. This is when we will be giving out schwag bags etc. Gaming will start at 9 and go to whenever, as games are different sizes etc. it will be pretty freeform - players are expected to be adults and sort stuff out themselves :)

Sunday we will start at 9 and run until 4pm. Prizes and cleanup after that.

So I was thinking that especially for Luke we should work out some way of making this ranked - with me winning obviously :)

On a slightly more serious note I've just posted drafts of the special table scenarios - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9092628/4M%20Scenarios.pdf Let us know if you spot any glaring screw-ups, though I'm not interested in feedback on how fair some of them are, the imbalances are deliberate.

The Scenarios look great. I take it that if you win a game on a given board your faction counts as holding it (is the defender)?

If thats the case what do we do at lunch on Saturday when the 10T hold all the different tables at once?

We could try playing multiple games at once in a chess grand master stylee!

Right, looking forward to this not the panic of having to paint an entire crew has gone (I've done no hobby time since York Comp) Thanks to Team mate Adrian.

Also after a fun game Vs. Sam on Wednesday I play to rock some rather fluffy Freikorps list for some of the weekend.

I know outcast minions can double up but surely if I'm using Von Schill to lead a crew the opponent can't use him as a minion? Is this correct? Don't want any Von Schill off's (looks at the resser's)

I know outcast minions can double up but surely if I'm using Von Schill to lead a crew the opponent can't use him as a minion? Is this correct? Don't want any Von Schill off's (looks at the resser's)

No worries they now have a rather more fluffy option on the form of Izamu, specially when attached to a grave spirit :P

Scenarios look really good, just a few clarifications:

Dreamers Bedroom: When in the end phase do Teddies move?

Lair of December: Is the :-fate on :ranged on just the attack or the dmg flip too?

The Sewers: When does the supply wagon get to use it's AP to interact?

Right answers

6 turns minimum though of course if one side is eliminated those turns could be very quick

Yes if you win then the location is yours. Pretty sure there will be a prize or something for the faction with the most locations. If you can get all the tables by Saturday Lunch then an extra special prize will be arranged

Personally I see no problem with a Von Schill off, obviously some impersonator and I'm sure the right Von Schill will win

Decembers Bedroom - Teddies move at the beginning

Lair of December: -ve is just on the attack

Sewers - Thats a Joel question and I will let him answer it

Bit confused with Outcast General achievement 3:

Use the Hodgepodge effigy to use the red joker twice in a turn without shuffling your deck

But the joker has to get shuffled back into the deck to use it twice. Do you mean without exhausting your deck and it coming up a second time as it could with anyone?