4 games in a row with Seamus

Gruesome

This is not a fight or an argument, just a statement...

Red Jokered on :-fate damage flips four consecutive games. Mind you, thats my 4 most recent games in which I have started literally tracking it, rather than trying to say "my feelings of it happening to me a lot" that were the basis for statements made in prior threads.

4 games in a row. 3 by my son.

I only bring this up because I realize that my participation in the "RJ wars" I believe now was fueled by what appears to be my freakishly bad luck with the RJ. Last night, on the verge of winning a pretty decisive 8-0, a guild guard RJ'ed me on a shot and then severed the extra flip, taking me to 1 wound and changing how I had to play the game. I managed to limp away, manifest, take my healing flip to get above the dreaded one wound and managed to narrowly win thanks to some crooked men that landed some beastly Cave-Ins and some drowned that basically surrounded his Guild Guard captain waiting to die.

Again, this is not an argument, just a realization on my part about me being on the far end of the curve of RJ frequency.

My son has become quite adept at recognizing that he needs to cycle cards as often as possible, especially against H2W.

Wanted to say one last time, that this is not an argument, but hopefully people so vehemently against any changes could at least understand why I feel the way I do. If this happened to me as frequently as I suspect it does to them, I might feel differently too.

And now to the online store to start hitting refresh like a crazed man... :)

Edited by Gruesome

I've only used my Seamus 2 times (just got his crew painted up) but he hasn't been red jokered that way yet. I do find that his crew cycles cards like crazy when they're getting hit though and I get that focused fire on Seamus that hits will eventually hit a red joker on damage - but... they have to catch him first ;)

Happened in my demo game last night Seamus went from 10 to 2 wounds in 1 hit (Rj+Severe) vs one of Ophelias crew, luckily they didnt also get the dumb luck trigger!

It was sort of funny when it happened though and the guys I was demoing for liked it because it showed them a fairly important game mechanic.

Statistically this means there's probably at least one player out there who hasn't had Seamus RJ'd in 4 games.

They owe you their gratitude.

Note: I am aware this isn't how statistics actually works, aside from outliers being totally expected.

I would like to think there is a Seamus out there somewhere reaping the benefits of my bad luck. :)