Out of the box with Hoffman

Hardlec

I do not have the Hoffman Box. I have Lucius, Sonia and LJ boxes and some other figs. I have specifically

Hoffman

Mechanical Attendent

Guardian

Peacekeeper

I am considering

Watcher

Warden

Hoffman players, please advise on additions, especially how to kill rats.

You should of bought the box set, it comes with hoff, guardian, hunter, and watcher.

As far as what to get... I know Jonas is all about some Wardens, and they are great cheap constructs. But watchers are by and far a must for him. Especially for objective based scenarios...

As far as rats... Your basically gonna want to look at using something like overide edict or some way to focus on the things that respawn the rats. If rats are near catchers/nix and the like they just come back.

That and while I'm not sure if or how they have a defense against it but, terrifying maybe?

That and while I'm not sure if or how they have a defense against it but, terrifying maybe?

Terrifying is fantastic against rats. Especially if a Stolen dies, because then a lot of them will be at Wp 2. Always take the Executioner against rats, because they are prime Loves the Job fodder, and then they scatter before his Terrifying-ness.

I play a little bit of Hammy and am in the process of painting my Hoff crew for future use.

As a Hammy player, the trick is making sure that your ratcatcher remains within 6" of the rats at all times, and ideally within 2" of them for the armour. Playing against Hammy you'll want to prevent that from happening. Best bet is to use Hoff and the Peacekeeper to Terrify the rats, forcing them back, and then harpoon the catcher to drag him forward. Other Terrifying minions are a bonus. Obliterate the catcher before he has a chance to Kill All Rats or otherwise get his swarm back under control. The hardest part in all of this is probably going to be the timing.

If you can't get the timing quite right then it is important not to waste any effort on killing rats unless they are clearly outside Voracious Rats range. A rat, or better still bunch of them, without aura support is an easy kill, but don't let that tempt you away from a possible kill on the catcher himself. Healing the 'Catcher is pretty easy for Hammy, so if you are going to try to take him out make sure you can do it swiftly. Again, a Peacekeeper with Hoff in tow should be able to manage that.

I had the chance to get Hoffman and peacekeeper at a special price. ($20 for both) I grabbed it. I like the watcher, was ambivalent about the hunter.

I think Hoffman needs a minion with a good blast effect. Not many guild do that.

I too have not had a chance to look at open circuit.