Introduce Yourself

Justin

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am stickywicket (aka Kabir).  New to Malifaux as no one plays it within 100 km of here.  Me and a gamer friend liked what we saw and jumped in.  I am now a proud owner of a Dreamer, Jacob Lynch and Pandora crews.  I picked up Lady J for some variety as well.

I am eager to learn more about this game and I have had great fun already with it (only played a few games).

I am looking to spread the malifaux love in my area.

Cheers

Stickywicket

Hi all....

Long time historical miniatures player in Edmonton, Canada has at last succumbed to the lure of Malifaux. The  beauty and uniqueness of the miniatures, a very different story line and a very interesting set of game mechanics had piqued my interest but seeing three beautifully painted crews on Ebay was the final straw.

I'm now going through the rules and looking for opponents in the area while waiting for my Ebay wins to arrive. In the meantime, I've picked up the M2E Sonia Criid boxed set to paint myself.

Looking forward to exploring the world of Malifaux and making new friends.

Cheers

K

Evenin' all

Long time table top gamer, returning to Malifaux (I picked up a little stuff back in 1.0 days but there was no player base around here then).

Been through 40K and WM/H and am now resting comfortably with Infinity as my core game. Looking to add M2E to the play list, and build some community within my area (Canberra, Australia).

Ressers look to be my thing (every damn one of them interests me in some way!), although every faction has at least one master I like the look of... I think I will be in some trouble when the plastic box sets start filling out... :)

Huzzah!
PB

Hello I'm Ryan,  started war-gaming  with 40k and then graduated to fantasy.  After that I got started in Malifaux in 1.5 due to the awesome models, mainly the Doppleganger, and the cards instead of dice.  I play neverborn, ressers, outcasts, and have some guild and gremlins, so I guess I am only missing arcanists.  Now with all the cards out hoping to start getting some more games of 2e in.

So I'm new to this game, and as of now, have only convinced my lil sis to actually join up as well. We bought two boxes based on aesthetics, and we're looking forward to diving right into this cool little world that is Malifaux. She's playing Lady Justice...and I'm playing with Som'er. Based on the PullMyFinger resource listed somewhere around here, it appears as if I didn't pick a noob friendly box set. Oh well, its all about the fun anyways...and I'm looking forward to the hobby side of the game as well. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys and gals in the near future. 

Until then

The Walrus. 

Hiya,

I'm not much of a gamer. I have more of the collecting and painting bug. Have recently bought in the 1st edition Justice crew and Colette's merry girls. Also No Shelter Here, Children of December, and Dark Debts (with some Beckoners tossed in.)

Currently situated in Kingston, Ontario, CA. Although I am Tennessee bound eventually (knoxville area).

• Like 1

Hey all,

My name is Sandy and I live in Leicester in the UK. I had my second first game of Malifaux this week (played 3 games total in 1.5!) and really enjoyed it. I've got a Marcus crew, including loads of beasts from other factions. I'm really enjoying painting up the models, and I'm looking to play a few more games over the next few weeks.

See you around!

• Like 1

Hello folks! I am Nicolai.

I'm a Coreheim player from Aarhus in Denmark, who stumbled upon some Malifaux miniatures, while browsing some digital shelfs. I already got myself a 2E rulebook not long ago, and I'll probably pick up my first crew soon-ish. Right now the competition stands between Seamus and Mei Feng. Although Shadow of Redchapel will be a more fun paint job, I can see a lot more potential for expanding the Rail Crew.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've read all the other intros I guess it is my turn.

I'm Paradox from one of the sparsely populated plains stated in the U.S.  I was seriously concerned about being the only person over 40 on the message board, but I see that isn't going to be the case.

My son got interested in  assembling/painting 40k figures last fall.  Being a supportive dad I found a store specializing in such things about an hour from home and started taking him there so he could hang out.  One time I stayed to look around and noticed the Malifaux figures.  Not sure why, but the steampunk/goth looks appeal to me.  The next trip I bought a Colette box set so I could join my son in painting some figures.  I also ran into one of my wife's co-workers who is a tabletop gamer.

In addition to spending some time with my son, I enjoy metal work and pewter figures so I figured it couldn't hurt to take up a new hobby.

A few weeks later and I'm in the store again, pick up a second box set--the first is still in plastic and I know I will be waiting a while before I actually assemble/paint anything, but I figure one set ever few weeks is the way to buy without a lot of financial pain.  At that point my wife's coworker hands me the 2e rule/fluff book and encourages me to look it over---since I already have the models, might as well learn how to play.

My 40k son encouraged me further telling me that if I learned to play, so would he--NICE! He is a great kid, but his interests and mine rarely overlap so this is a real opportunity to connect.

The fluff was appealing although I had to return the book before I spent much time with it.  The local game store (LGS?), and hour from home,  wasn't going to get any copies for a while so I turned to ebay.  BIG MISTAKE (or not?)  The local store only had a few Malifaux figures at any one time--ebay had thousands!!!   Okay, lots of duplicates, but sooooooo many.  I sold off a couple of old box of magic boosters and went a little nuts.  Rather than taking the time to actually read the fluff in the rule book to see which faction I wanted to start with, I just bought metal box sets so that I would have whatever I wanted when I made up my mind.

Still have not settled on my first faction.  I am taking a break from ebay to read here and over at pull my finger to figure out what I can.  Wife's coworker brought his figures to the house a few weeks ago and coached son and I through the first 4 turns of play.  I am still plenty confused, but I am working on it--I have a couple of newbie questions posted already.

I started assembling a couple of crews only to learn it takes a bit more than glue.  Pin drill and green stuff have arrived and in a couple of weeks work will slow down and I can get back to putting models together.  Hoping I like painting and playing as much as I like building.  (paints will be ordered next week, then it will be time to sell more old geek stuff so I can buy new geek stuff.)

• Like 2

I'm Paradox from one of the sparsely populated plains stated in the U.S.  I was seriously concerned about being the only person over 40 on the message board, but I see that isn't going to be the case.

We'll all get there eventually. You just have a head start.

Still have not settled on my first faction.  I am taking a break from ebay to read here and over at pull my finger to figure out what I can.

Good to see I'm not the only lone impulsive buyer.

Cheers and welcome :D

Hello!

I'm Ren. I live just south of Seattle and am trying to get back into the game. I got a handful of models back in 07 but never got to play. A few guys in my gaming group want to get into it so I'm going all in. I'm hoping to get something going in the area, I'm just hoping we can get a local store to go in with us!

Cheers,

Ren

Hi all!

I'm Jeff, I live in Clarksville, TN, father of 3, soccer (the real football) fan and a gamer.  I've been looking for an alternative to 40k, while crusing aroung the interwebs, i came accross Malifaux, and the more i researched, the more i loved.  I'm looking to get a Ten Thunders army, I'm really liking the Asian feel and look forward to trying some painting schemes i've been kicking around.  There are some Malifaux players at my local shop and i have aspirations to become my local shops Wyrd Henchman.

Hey everybody!

Name's Andy, I'm 26, and I'm from Hillerød, Denmark. I just started playing Malifaux with my brother and cousin, after having gotten too tired of GW's prices and release policy. Can't wait to learn the ropes with a Ten Thunders collection, so i can beat my opponents, and make a solid profit from all the Soulstones I'll be collecting :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Ben. I'm here because I got absolutely spanked by Gremlins last night, and I need to better familiarize myself with general strategies and find a way to crush Gremlins completely and utterly in play.

Hi, I'm Bryce. I'm here because I utterly spanked Ben the other night by playing a Som'er Teeth gremlin horde and I can't let him learn any new tricks that I can't learn the counter to!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've already posted in the general section, but wanted to just spread my oats EVERYWHERE lol. I'm a returning player but I never truly played in the first time. I intend on only playing and collecting Gremlins until I have them all in many different guises, attend tournaments, then move on in years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon All,

Currently awaiting my demo game (roll on the 16th) but love the models, what I've read of the game system and the small amount of fluff I've found.

Also been listening to Malifools podcast after stumbling across them via twitter and now I want to play in tournaments. The UK scene sounds both competative and a good laugh.  :D

Trying to resist the urge to buy models before I've had my demo game but I think its only because I can't decide what to start with that I'm still model free.

Cheers ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am MJOF from Paris, I am 33.

I started painting Neverborn minis a few days ago.

My friends in our club have started playing the guild and arcanists.

If you are near Paris (France), do not hesitate to contact us.

I have not played Malifaux yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Alex and I'm from Northern New Jersey, USA. I collected some Malifaux figures to paint about 3 years ago. Enjoyed painting them, but only played two games of the first edition, loved it. Just found out about a week ago M2E came out and trying to find games either locally or online. I managed to play a beginner tournament last week and am hooked. Seeking a local gaming group or playing on Vassal to learn more about this awesome game. 

-Alex