Which avatar ?

I cant decide which avatar to buy first.

I play more games with Mcmourning so I suppose I should go with him. Next is Seamus, dont often win but the hulk does look awesome. I havent had much joy with Nicodem but again I do like the model. Plus there is Kirai, love her fluff, models and the avatar is very fitting, she is still on the painting table and yet to play.

So, who do I choose?

I love all three avatars. I would not know how to classify them in terms of which I like the most.

I'd say, for me, I'd tend to view it like, "Which master will get the most from manifesting?"

And currently, for me, that means Seamus.

I do not play much Seamus and McMourning, but I know that in the 4 games I have played with McMourning avatar, only one of the manifestations was important to the situation in the game, where as the others were just because I could.

I always want to manifest Nicodem, but honestly, do not feel pressured to do so ASAP. I *DO* like getting his requirement out of the way turn 1 though, just so I have it in my pocket to pull out when needed.(Hey now!)

So, for me, Seamus is the one that I always want to Manifest as soon as I can.

But... I am very new to Seamus and so much of my opinion could be colored by how bad I am with his regular form.

As I said though, I think all three avatars are great fun. I am a big fan of what Wyrd gave rezzers for avatars... :)

Edited by Gruesome

Avatar McMourning is amazing. It's currently my favorite avatar, so I recommend him. Normal McMourning is all about the maneuverability and the beat down. His avatar state is more support and support around Sim 29. Sim 29 does all the beat downs now. With McM near by, enemies are at a :-fate to Df while Sim 29 is at a :+fate to attack flips or even a :+fate:+fate if McM discards 2 body parts. Together they both just wreck everything. Even on breakable terrain, Sim 29 gets a :+fate:+fate on the damage. LOL!

Plus he is really easy to manifest so that is a major plus.

• 2 weeks later...

youre clearly getting Dougie's Avatar so i am not going to bother buttering him up.

Seamus' avatar, i dont recall much. but i believe he makes terrifying seem viable and, you know, smashes face which makes the belles even more valuable to him. He kind of does the same being all tanky but with some obvious differences here and there.

Nicodem, honestly, i thought he had a weird avatar. His avatar seems to, IMO, to be doing the exact same thing, but better, like, a LOT better. So if you dont like playing him, save on buying this guy for later.

Kirai is a great master to play with an.......interesting avatar. My problem with her is that 6-10ss are going to be spent on Seishin (though they are a great cannon fodder/support model). Her avatar is what it looks like: Ikiryo on steroids/growth hormones. See, this means that kirai, once manifested, has lost on some of her abilities. She loses the ability to summon (though she can make seishin in the ezxact same way still) and some movement shenanigans (though she still has some, but only some of them are reliable imo) in return she gets the ability to hurt. So you have to absolutely certain more things dont need to be summoned when manifesting. Id recomend buying her only if you really think kirai is fun to play with seeing as her avatar is more of a last resort

Well... Personally I dont like Dougs avatar... Dont really feel that its a personification of immortality... Would have been cooler if he himself manifested into something awesome and not just made a super frankensteins monster. It's still a very good one though. The others look awesome and got interesting stuff going on as well.

I would Say get tehm in teh following order

McM

Seamus

Nicodem

Kirai

I only play Mcm & Seamus and I think the Avatars are an Auto include, The biggest change for Mcm is that you tend to drop the Rogue Necromancy and try and play with 2 flesh constructs (1 sim29). Seamus avatar means you give up on his Scheme but that is one that few take. Then you decide if you want an Early manifest or a late manifest depending you your crew.

I don't play Nicodem but was tempted to grab him when I saw the avatar. Its an easy progression for him and the ease he gets Punk Samurai is amazing. I would concider it an auto-include also.

Last is Kirai, who doesn't really need an avatar, and most players I know who play her don't manifest because she tends to stop being Kirai and something else. Which is something completely different from her play style.

I think Ressers get eh most out of their avatars.

I have got aSeamus for my first one (cos it was cheap) but others will follow.

Could someone explain the terrifying thing a bit more to me, it seems to be a strength of his

His Anathema just basically means that anyone without Anathema is not immune to terrifying.

So, now it also affects all the non-livings too :)

Its basically awesome.

I'd say that Avatar Seamus is probably the best one to get first from a competitive standpoint otherwise just go for the one you like the look of or play the most.

Anyway here's some brief thoughts on Avatars:

Seamus

His avatar is not always an auto-include for me. I wouldn’t take him against Pandora and would think twice about using him against melee-focused Masters as they can more easily pass the Terror test and kill aSeamus as he’s a lot more vulnerable than his non-avatar form.

Also Gremlin pig lists are very annoying to play with aSeamus!

McMourning

Simulacrum is very slow and even though aMcMourning can still potentially move 21” a turn I find that I don’t want him getting too far ahead of Simulacrum. I do miss McMourning’s ability to drop a Rogue Necromancy or Flesh Construct 6” from his position when he’s in Avatar form as that is incredibly useful for tying up groups of enemies.

I’d recommend saving high masks in your hand for McMourning’s Scalpel Magic trigger as I find that killing an enemy under the effect of Rancid Transplant is an easier manifest requirement than gaining 5 body parts and it saves your AP for other things (usually running away before my opponent can retaliate).

Nicodem

Unlike the other two, aNicodem is an early game manifest for me (so I can raise his horde up quickly) and I need to build my crew around him (usually 3 or more Canine Remains for the manifest requirement, someone to kill the dogs and someone to use the corpse counters aNicodem will leave lying around).

When deciding whether I want to include aNicodem I usually consider if having friendly Mindless Zombies is going to be an advantage or a hindrance. So far I've found them an advantage against Gremlins (allowing me to out-activate them) and a hindrance against Pandora (she just incites all the Mindless Zombies)

I don’t have Kirai’s Avatar (or Kirai herself for that matter) so can’t really comment on her.

Id get the Kirai one first, it might inspire you to finish the crew and have a BLAST playing her. (yes, she is that fun to play) :)

Never got the Kirai one as I seldom play her. Now, the completionist in me realizes that there is this annoying OCD hole in my rezzer collection, so it was only a matter of time, but its nice to know that she is fun to play.

I too would recommend kirai, her play style is probably my most favorite style of playing. Jumping around, helping this, buffing that. Make this into something way better, cutting herself in the process only to heal back. Then oops she's dead, NOT!!!! Her lost love brings her back a spirit, now you have a master that is a spirit. Then she goes avatar and turns into the ikiryo on c*$#k. Plus the avatar model is very inspirational. $$$$$$$$ed off ikiryo protecting fallen kirai, it speaks alot about her background and I love it.

I also have avatar nicodem, just had a game with him last week and his avatar is crazy awesome. If done right its nearly impossible to hit him unless you go up against alot of :blast: