Not another Malifaux podcast

OldManMyke

Another week another episode. Yep sticking to a regular release schedule Episode 5 is now available at all the normal outlets. Enjoy

You know if you keep this up the other podcasters are going to have to take you out back and "teach you how to fall" a few times

Trying desperately to buck the trend of the podcasters curse, Episode #6 is up on malifools.podbean.com or iTunes.

In this weeks episode we deal with Mike thinking he is turning into 'that guy' and beating himself up over trying to be a better player, Jon just beating himself up by pledging to take Molly as his MASTER for the foreseeable future and no Conrad at all as he is stuck in a Boosted Damage container. Oh we also cover the lack of model previews for a model based game and have an interview with the Stig of Malifaux Richard 'Malandres' Smith.

Don't forget the competition. Design either a logo or a cartoon of the three of us and you can win a starter box of your choice. Entries to malifoolsradio@gmail.com. Closing date is the 1st September 2012 Listen to Episode #5 for more details.

Enjoy

Downloaded all the episodes last night and listening to them today. They are quite good and even followable for someone who hasn't played a single game.

They are also perfect for assembling a crew. Just finished with the last punk samurai from the Nicodem starter box and nearing the end of episode 4.

Just to get back on you wondering about the new rulebook. I just started out and reading the online PDF while holding out for the new book coming out which I will most definitely get. Providing the rulebook online won't stop people (at least me) from getting the hardcopy as well and it will indeed be a must have for getting started, especially because of all the background information.

One request, will you be doing crew specific episodes? Personally I am very curious about a Nicodem or Seamus episode where you go through every model, what they can do, how they work together, how to expand etc etc. Just so that new players are a bit better informed about the possibilities of their crew and they won't have to stare blankly at their cards for hours on end :)

Keep up the good work.

Whilst we wont be doing specific crew based episodes we will have ongoing discussions about new crews and models as we play them - everything we talk about is from our personal experience. So Jon will be giving ongoing updates in his Molly progress, Im starting both Colette and Lilith crews whislt Conrad is going down the route of Ramos. There is also my ongoing use of new models with my Seamus crew in our local league.

Hopefully that will help you

Continuing to avoid podcasters lurgy Episode Seven has made its way onto t'internet.

This week Jon and I (Conrad is off with Ric Flair) chat about how we finally have some sculpt pictures, discuss getting into a new crew, in this case Rasputina and find out how Molly2012 is going. When we recorded we also talked about measuring but it was so awful that we had to edit it out.

We also have a special guest interview with Karn about the pullmyfinger wiki (http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/) and this years pledge drive. Its probably the best part of the show.

Massive shoutout this week to Jo and Ian who have just had a baby son called Dexter - I'm pretty sure Jo did most of the hard work. Congrats to you both from all here at malifools.

Remember the competition and leave us a review on iTunes if you like what you hear.

malifools.podbean.com or grab it through iTunes

Just wanted to say that I finally got to this podcast in my list of "things to listen to".

From many of the descriptions of it, I sort of assumed that I would not like it. Turned out I was happily wrong. I enjoyed the first 2.5 episodes I have listened to and look forward to time for more.

Perhaps it might have something to do with MY being an old person that sucks competitively that also wants to support Malifaux, the hobby.

It reminds me a little of a 40K podcast that I used to listen to and really enjoy, but find difficult to describe called "40K for old men". Very relaxing to me.

Keep it up. Although for someone like me, this whole "episodes come out on time" business is a lot to keep up with. :)

(Also, go Seamus!)

Just because one person gets drunk and thinks that Myranda is good, and moleman provide excelent corpse counters for December does not mean that everyone is doing it.

I really feel bad for anyone taking that comment and going; "everyone is doing this, I should try it"

I went w/ that list udner the assumption; "Whatever everyone is doing isn't working; so lets try something different."

Good targets for Ice Queen are long ranged models like McTavish and Trappers. Drop Frozen Heart on them, cast North Wind with the Silent One. Boom. Stuff dies.

Not within your theme, but something worth considering.

Infact, the Ice Gaimin would work with that too.

And with the Aura problem, Tina would be further than three inches into the White Out due to its width. So she'd be blocked.

Molly can't have a cache of six either.

Edited by Dumb Luck

So with the inevitablity of a British summer being slightly damp, Episode #8 has arrived as we move back to the regular Friday release schedule (last week was actually a couple of days late as we held back for the Karn interview)

This week Jon and I are joined by Conrad who seems to have escaped from Space Mountain relatively unharmed and we talk about such diverse yet interesting subjects as the new Gencon previews (well new when we recorded), our latest games, Conrads new crew (with a little bit of Waramhordes thrown in) and premeasuring.

There is also a big mea culpa for our monumental screwups on Morale duels and White Out from last episode :)

Thanks to everyone who is listening is for all the nice comments we receive on both Facebook and via Twitter, we really appreciate them.

Don't forget the competition. Design either a logo or a cartoon of the three of us and you can win a starter box of your choice. Entries to malifoolsradio@gmail.com. Closing date is the 1st September 2012 Listen to Episode #5 for more details.

See you next week, or as Jon would say "catch you on the flip side"

giving the latest episode a listen now. I got to the point where Jon (I think) mentioned he was looking for a Gencon painting contest and was wondering if Wyrd were involved. Here is the link for the Gencon general painting contest(s):

http://www.genconminipainting.com/

I remember Wyrd providing prizes for Wyrd miniatures in this contest last year, although there is no word on thier involvement again this year. they are supporting two of the other paint events however (http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?31465-Wyrd-Miniatures-at-Gen-Con-2012).

As for looking for games, I will have all my Malifaux stuff with me along with a full set of painted Puppet Wars. I am up for games as time allows through the weekend. Track me down in the Miniature hall (Running the PW events on Thursday evening, Saturday Evening, and Sunday). Also, PM me or email me and we can coordinate.

As for looking for games, I will have all my Malifaux stuff with me along with a full set of painted Puppet Wars. I am up for games as time allows through the weekend. Track me down in the Miniature hall (Running the PW events on Thursday evening, Saturday Evening, and Sunday). Also, PM me or email me and we can coordinate.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea for those of us working the game hall to maybe put together a looking for game sheet. That way people can try to coordinate pickup games.

Also I will be looking for games when I am not busy working.