Daemonkin's Plog

daemonkin

So after about 2 years of procrastination the Dead Heat summer campaign finally spurred me on to get 2 crews finished and my henchman application submitted.

Bear in mind that it is now 1am here and I needed some quick shots of my 2 crews please find Perdita and Seamus.

post-3203-13911923572273_thumb.jpg

post-3203-13911923572612_thumb.jpg

More to follow.

D.

Good stuff, if I had to be picky, I'd suggest that maybe I would have used a bit of a contrasting colour on spells somewhere, like how the belle's dresses and skin contrast. But that's just a tiny thing and honestly, it wouldn't necessarily make her look better, just make her stand out a touch more in amongst the colours of the crew.

Looking forward to more pics!

Nice work! The Belles look fantastic - very individualized, but totally cohesive. The green in particular is striking.

Overall the earth-tones are very fitting. I think Seamus could benefit from some color on his hat though. Maybe one of the colors that you used on the Belles? Or maybe a black or brown hat with a colored band?

Looking forward to seeing more.

Gee Guys you're making me blush! Honestly, most of these models were completed in the last 2 weeks in frantic late night/early morning sessions.

I will have to go back and give them more attention but like I said I needed the crews done for the henchman application.

I have also completed 2 night terrors. Posting later.

Next up: Alt Justice and some Death Marshalls.

D.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Overall the earth-tones are very fitting. I think Seamus could benefit from some color on his hat though. Maybe one of the colors that you used on the Belles? Or maybe a black or brown hat with a colored band?

Seamus' hat and cuffs are light blue - hard to tell with the lighting. Better pics will be forthcoming.

D.

As promised the next instalment will be some Justice:

post-3203-13911923692347_thumb.jpg

Bases on the death marshalls are from Fenris Games' Cthulhu Graveyard set. Currently 30 and 40mm but should have 50mm out in a few weeks time. Check them out on ebay.

And some Night Terrors:

post-3203-13911923693038_thumb.jpg

Not my best work and the bases still have to be painted. Still not bad for being done while watching Full Metal Jacket.

D.

Edited by daemonkin
photos upside down...or maybe it was my eyes

• 2 weeks later...

Update: While not specifically Malifaux I am planning a 3'x3' board with wild west cork tiles to enhance modularity. Buildings will be from Sarissa and some scenery courtesy of 4ground.co.uk:

post-3203-13911923905115_thumb.jpg

Miniature from Black Scorpion 'Tombstone' range. good for Malifaux or Gutshot!

Ribbed wagons will get some canvas - kitchen paper towel soaked in PVA while they also give an option for an open top cart

D.

Edited by daemonkin

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys,

So next uo is my entry for the painting contest I am running this month. Needed to get it done as I'm off to London tomorrow AM for the Olympics so not my greatest work but happy considering I only started it on Monday:

aSeamus:

post-3203-1391192406056_thumb.jpg

D.

Edited by daemonkin