Making sure I understand pandora/dopplganger

Bloodedsoul

Question

I just picked up pandora, 3 sorrows and the doppleganger. Used them in a game last night and my oponet thinks I messed up how they work together. First, all of them can indeed link to Pandora correct? (The dopplganger using mimic to get that ability) If they all can, they do not need to relink unless they lose it through not being in base contact at the end of thier activation, so it doesn't actually go away in the end phase of a game turn?

After that, the dopplganger can mimic unhealthy relationship (think thats the one, woes in base contact can use her (0) action as thier own) allowing the sorrows to mimic pandora's first ability (when you fail a wp duel with in 12 inches, take a wound) meaning anyone who fails a wp duel within 12 inches of this group takes 3 wounds automaticly from game turn 1, 4 after game turn 2 as long as I keep them bounched/ no one blows me to smithereens? Does this stack with the woe's auto wound for failing wp tests if with in 3 inches as well?

My oponet plays Zorinda, so this is one is a question on a way to take that mess above down if it indeed works like that. Can she summon her voodoo doll, target a woe touching pandora giving it posion 2, then cast obey, make it attack pandora, cheat the wp duel so it loses the duel and gets demolished due to her first ability?

Thanks in advance and hope that was as coherant as I ment it to be.

10 answers to this question

You want the Doppelganger to mimic Pandora's Unhealthy Relationship, allowing the Sorrows to use Mimic, which they then use to mimic Pandora's Emotional Trauma? I'm pretty sure that you *can*, and it stacks with the Sorrows' Emotional Stress. The Doppelganger won't have Martyr though, so the Sorrows that are linked to her will cause her one wound every time they activate.

You want the Doppelganger to mimic Pandora's Unhealthy Relationship, allowing the Sorrows to use Mimic, which they then use to mimic Pandora's Emotional Trauma? I'm pretty sure that you *can*, and it stacks with the Sorrows' Emotional Stress. The Doppelganger won't have Martyr though, so the Sorrows that are linked to her will cause her one wound every time they activate.

They dont have to link to the doppelganger. If the ganger and 2 sorrows are all linked to Pandora you can place the sorrows so they are in base to base with the ganger and Pandora. This means that they can still take advantage of unhealthy relationship but not hurt the doppelganger.

They dont have to link to the doppelganger. If the ganger and 2 sorrows are all linked to Pandora you can place the sorrows so they are in base to base with the ganger and Pandora. This means that they can still take advantage of unhealthy relationship but not hurt the doppelganger.

True... but I believe Sorrows only have to be in base contact for life leech, so it would still hurt doppelganger.

If the Doppelganger has mimicked Unhealthy Relationship, and you cast Obey on it, the effect of the spell is passed on to the Sorrows (automatically). I'm not sure of the timing, but I suspect that while they would all become enemies of Pandora, they would still be friendly to each other since they're all under your control. They wouldn't be able to annihilate each other by failing Wp duels to target Pandora, but you would get to make each of them take an action.

Or, it might simply be that they are only under your control for the duration of their action, despite having an effect on them that will put them in your control in the immediate future. In that case, you could inflict 5 Wd on the Doppelganger (plus Poison 2), and at least 3 Wd on each of the Sorrows (4 Wd if the Doppelganger has mimicked Emotional Trauma as well).

First I did not think it was it was dirty, I will talk it over with him and see if he minds, if he does I won't use it again (stopped using the dreamer by request, though I just love lord chompy).

Another question, are all the wounds applied at the same time from Emotional Trauma, or 1 at a time, I only ask for things like object # he likes to run the effigies so it will come up eventually, and I know how I think it works, but would prefer to confirm/deny it before it happens.

Thank you for the tip on obeying the doppelganger, I'll pass that on to him. (I have no problems helping any one beat a list I have, makes me think more if they can counter my typical builds).

The dmg from multiple sources of Emotional Trauma are all separate. So if you cause 4 wounds via the above tactic it is (4) individual sources of 1 dmg, so Armor, Object, and the like will not reduce any of the Dmg coming in as those abilities cannot reduce dmg below 1. I also don't have my cards with me at the moment, but if Emotional trauma causes Wds instead of Dmg then even if they combined into one lump of Wds (which they don't) Armor and Object still wouldn't stop them, as those abilities reduce Dmg, not direct wds.