Ryle's multiple damage flips vs. Armor in light of new FAQ

LemmingStampede

Question

Ok, so in the new FAQ, we have the following tidbit:

[h=4]If I am performing multiple Damage Flips, is each of those Damage Flips an individual damage source?[/h] Yes, unless it is stated that they are totaled and then inflicted. (e.g. falling or the Red Joker instruct you to total the amount and inflict it)

In light of this, when Ryle makes multiple damage flips against a single model, does that model get to use its armor against each flip, since they are individual sources? I thought before that you totaled the damage, then subtracted armor. And previous rulings seem to support that. But after this, I'm not sure.

7 answers to this question

From memory, it's been ruled that they work in the same way as the Red Joker's "additional damage flip", i.e. they're totalled and then applied.

This is better vs armour, obviously, but if it's done the other way, it's far more effective against targets with Hard to Kill (or Slow to Die and Use Soulstone).

Nope, not Ryle's. It's individual flips in his case.

Excellent. So, just to confirm how everything works, by example:

Ryle shoots at a (theoretical) target with 8 Wds, Hard to Kill, Slow to Die and Use Soulstone. Ryle hits with a Ram and triggers Fully Automatic, then flips the Red Joker + Severe for damage. The target takes 8 Wd and drops to 1 due to Hard to Kill. Ryle then flips for Gatling Gun, inflicting Severe damage again. The target would be killed, but uses its last Soulstone on Slow to Die for a Healing flip, flipping Weak to heal 1 Wd. Ryle then flips for Fully Automatic, flipping Weak damage and killing the model (and they get another Slow to Die action).

Is that right?

Excellent. So, just to confirm how everything works, by example:

Ryle shoots at a (theoretical) target with 8 Wds, Hard to Kill, Slow to Die and Use Soulstone. Ryle hits with a Ram and triggers Fully Automatic, then flips the Red Joker + Severe for damage. The target takes 8 Wd and drops to 1 due to Hard to Kill. Ryle then flips for Gatling Gun, inflicting Severe damage again. The target would be killed, but uses its last Soulstone on Slow to Die for a Healing flip, flipping Weak to heal 1 Wd. Ryle then flips for Fully Automatic, flipping Weak damage and killing the model (and they get another Slow to Die action).

Is that right?

I think you got it right...