Rameses's Malifaux Painting Log

Rameses

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, Jakob looks great!

I'm still waiting for my Misaki box and other Ten Thunders related models.

For now I have the Levi, Vik and Von Schill crews to keep me busy.... oh boy I am really going to be busy...

It's been a while since I've sat at the painting table. I've been waiting like everyone else for their GenCon orders. Well I received mine last week sometime and I finally got to basing, cleaning and priming my new Neverborn models.

Ok I'll get it out, I didn't like the look of the Dark Debts mini's on the sprue. I didn't even like them assembled and based. It was not until I primed the first mini that I came around. I really like these mini's they look great with some Primer on them. I'm not sure why they looked so bland "nakkid" but I've come around I tell ya. Once primed I was ready to paint.

And here is my Jakob Lynch as a WIP.

JakobLynchWIP1.jpg

I googled Steampunk Men's Clothing and found a great picture... and thought OMG... lol that's my Jakob Lynch.

Thanks for looking.

Jakobs looks really good. And your hungering darkness is coming along swimmingly. (Who says swimmingly............I do. Lol)

I think the day jakobs clothes look really adds to the model, I was thinking of just doing the gray, but this really makes me think that you can go outside the box and look good. So thanks for that, here comes a pimp named jakobs.

Dude the Jakob Lynch looks pimp! and the hungering... wow.

I'm so jealous but now I'm inspired to really dive in... unfortunately, my Misaki box is not yet here but I still have a Levi, Viks and Von Schill crew WIP. Now if only I could finish up their bases... (getting back into the groove of painting minis again.. I figured the bases can be great practice)

Thanks guys, that really means a lot.

Here is my finished Jakob and a WIP on Hungering Darkness.

JakobLynch.jpg

HDWIP1.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Hungering Darkness... which I'll never ever call Hungary Hippo or anything other than it's name or HD. lol I just can't do IT!

HDDone1.jpg

HDDone4.jpg

HDDone3.jpg

I found that to get the most out of this model reverting to the basics really worked (IE: Base Coat Color: Calthan Green> Badab Black Wash> Dry Brush Mid tone: Scurvy Green> Dry Brush Lighter Tone: Hawk Turquoise> Blue Wash.)

Hope you enjoy...

Doing so really made the details pop out on my HD.

Edited by Rameses

Thanks for the kind words y'all.

Currently I am working on The Depleted and Angelica, one of those four I'm more inspired to paint than the other three. It's not that I don't like the figures of The Depleted, I just find them rather bland. But I do think that was the point...

Posting soon...

I am, Rameses!

So I've given up on painting my Neverborn Plastic miniatures and I am selling them. I like the story (read I've got a man crush on Lynch lol) for Lynch but I just can't get into painting them, not sure why. Maybe a wrong match? That said...

I have new SHINEYS! and these I've been pumped about painting for a long time.

Sitting on my desk waiting for bases to be delivered from Secret Weapon Miniatures then it's game on for Perdita!

Not just Perdita....

Perdita Crew Box

Wytchling Stalkers Blister

Wytchling Handler Blister

Death Marshals Blister

Miss Terious (x2 one for Francesca Ortega and as Death Marshal)

Alt Perdita

Guild Hounds Blister

Brutal Effigy Blister

and eventually when I get lucky on eBay Santana... (though to be honest; I'm proxieing Alt Perdita as Santana until said time... see attached images.)

So here's the plan, I love the Ortega family idea. Their rules set might be the "old" broken but that's not what drew me. It was the idea of a fielding Perdita (original sculpt), Santana, and Francesca (Miss Terious without the coffin) as the core models surrounded by Stalkers, Death Marshals, Guild Hounds etc.... I love this image.

So, that's what I've been up to. I know where's the images I talked about.

HERE!

Alternate (cheaty) Santana Ortega (aka Santiago Ortega)

Santanaaltcard.jpg

Francesca Ortega (aka Fransico Ortega)

Francescacard.jpg

Thanks for looking hopefully I'll have some painted Ortega's soon'ish. Until check up my ebay sell :1_Exhausted_Puppet:

Edited by Rameses

• 2 weeks later...

Busy weekend and crappy pictures to show for it. I'm gonna take Mako's advice and use a window tomorrow after the rain has moved on.

But here's my terrible attempt at Perdita and her twin sisters Francesca and Santana.

I'm not a professional painter and all I ever aim for is table top quality.

Perdita

Perdita.jpg

Francesca

Francesca.jpg

Santana

Santana.jpg

A Witchling Handler

WitchlingHandler.jpg

Witchling Stalkers

WitchlingStalkers.jpg

Guild Hounds

GuildHounds.jpg

Seriously I'll replace these crap pictures in this whole pLog if'n I can get decent pictures tomorrow. I couldn't get any highlights to come out in these taken today. ugh...

***edit*** crap pictures replaced!

Edited by Rameses
updated to better pictures

You know the sad part? I tried the Milk Jug Lightbox thingie I read about in another thread and I still got crappy results. So today is supposed to be bright and sunny after a weekend of rain, I'll be outside getting natural light pictures taken

It looks like your milk jug is set up ok. The thing you should try is placing the miniature farther back. I have found I get the best effect with the model behind the beam of light. I also tend to have a second lamp pointing at the front to make sure the front of the model is lit.

Hope that helps on future endeavors.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Just a quick update for this pLog: I retooks picture for my Colette, Pandora and Perdita crews using natural outdoor sunlight. I hope they are better. So please feel free to take a look.

I've sold my Kirai, Seamus, Lynch and Dead Justice crews so naturally there was no way to update those photos.

Hope you enjoy