Hoffman and the Steampunk Arachnids

dunce002917

Obviously, I'll get the Steampunk Arachnid Swarm (cheaper by 2 ss) but the real question would be, is it worth it?

I've played a few games against these spiders and the +2 Melee Master has been hurting my crew and would like to be able to fight back with my own +2 Melee Master. Sure, Lady J is a +1 Melee Expert and a beat stick, but she is only 1 model.

Since Hoffman is the only Master who can hire the Swarm, I'm asking if it's worth doing so or should I just invest in a Peacekeeper or get 2 Wardens?

For extra credit: Is there a way for any Guild Master and Minion to get +2 Melee Master? Either by spell or some Outcast help. Please let me know and explain how I can do this.

With Hoffman I generally find the peacekeeper to be the better choice. It's faster, and can generally put out more damage. Especially with relentless and flurry.

There is no guild minion with melee master, but the arachnid swarm has it and the soulstone miner can get it. The only way I can think of for a guild master to get it is for Hoffman to assimilate it.

With Hoffman I generally find the peacekeeper to be the better choice. It's faster, and can generally put out more damage. Especially with relentless and flurry.

There is no guild minion with melee master, but the arachnid swarm has it and the soulstone miner can get it. The only way I can think of for a guild master to get it is for Hoffman to assimilate it.

That's what I'm thinking... Hoffman getting the +2 Melee Master so after using Machine Puppet on a Target, Hoff,an can still use his Soulstone Torch 2x. Not bad.

Can I ask a question? Even though Hoffman can hire outside faction models, he still has to pay the outside faction cost right? I'm not sure how this rule works.

yup. He still has to pay the cost. So the Swarm would be 10 ss instead of 9. Although there are some models that would not cost extra but it is a trait... i can't think of one right now except for the Desperate Mercs (Comes Cheap)