Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

Well I haven't really been able to get to any hobby stuff the past days. Christmas is such an exhausting time of the year. lol

Here's number 2 of the 3 Punks I have to paint for my Seamus crew. Tell me what you think!

post-10280-13911926482761_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911926483374_thumb.jpg

After the last punk I will work on my Night Terrors and my Convict Gunslinger (really need her on the table to counter some ****). After that I have two crews lining up: LEvi and Yan Lo. So stay tuned!!! :D

I like him as I did the previous zombies from you. The only thing I'd suggest adding is some brighter blood on the blade.

And go with Yan Lo next

I don't really want the brighter tone of red on the blades. The reason is that I want the blood to kind of look like it is drying but not dried enough. Imagine it is half dried blood from a battle thirty minutes ago and they are now looking at you for another proper 'sparring' partner. ;D

Definitely going for Yan Lo next. Will start with the Ashigaru first, as I can actually use them with Seamus too!

I would agree with Viruk about the blood (unless you are going for a dried and caked blood look). To make it pop you can paint over what you already have with some Tamiya Clear Red (great for Arterial Bleeding).

Yeah as mentioned above its supposed to be a little dried but not fully (otherwise I would paint it darker).

And here is the third guy in the bunch. I kind of dislike the model but I am actually most liking this guy than the previous guy (fav is still ol' mohawk). Tell me what you think!

post-10280-1391192648819_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911926488721_thumb.jpg

I don't really want the brighter tone of red on the blades. The reason is that I want the blood to kind of look like it is drying but not dried enough. Imagine it is half dried blood from a battle thirty minutes ago and they are now looking at you for another proper 'sparring' partner. ;D

With this in mind I might still consider adding the Tamiya Clear Red over the blood to darken it, slicken it and make it look like it is congealing (this may require a few stipples of a darker red here and there). I think you'll be pleased with the end result.

About the only thing on this model to nit pick (and again it might be due to a diffirent vision) is that the shirt is a bit to close in shade to the flesh to really distinguish between the two. If however you were going for the sloughing skin effect on this zombie then I would say you have hit it as is.

I like the final effect and the orangish fur will tie him nicely to the rest of your crew.

The other one pretty much looks the same. Finished him the other day. I plan on getting another clam shell but will only use one of the two extras, as I doubt I will need more than 3.

I like the terror. And to build on what Omenbringer was saying about the blood, I will second the addition of Tamiya clear red, but with a little bit of whatever GW's replacement for Badab Black is.

I might consider it, though at the moment I am pretty content with their look. ^^

On a side note: I am pretty disappointed I didn't get my Yan Lo box yet. Was hoping it would arrive before Christmas, but it seems this will not be the case. I will be working on my Miss Demeanor (I absolutely do not like the model...) and my Avatar Seamus some the coming holidays. Maybe instead of the avatar I will work on my Dead Justice crew.

Well I didn't get lucky today! ;(

Was expecting the Yan Lo box, Leveticus Box and Izamu to toy around with in the German 3 day Christmas holidays aaaaaaaaaaand Chuck Testa. I did, however, get some base inserts that I wanted to use to make some tokens to use!

Was a quick job assembling them. Just used some GW Zombies and focused entirely on the upper torsos (lower looked really weird on the base and takes up so much room too...). Going to paint these guys in the festive holidays and look forward to my Asian undead coming my way soon! :3

post-10280-13911926619094_thumb.jpg

I might have to order some more base inserts and use extra bits from the GW sprews to make body parts for a future Doug! Tell me what you think!

Weeeeeeell. I wasn't able to use much time during the three free days I had, due to me being sick as a dog. Today I did manage to crawl out of bed and do some hobby stuff.

I finished my Miss Demeanor (A model I truely dislike... Ugh!) and my first corpse counter!

post-10280-13911926632624_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911926633336_thumb.jpg

I really dislike this model, in general. Her pose and especially her hair peeve me a lot. It was hard for me to get the encouragement to paint her, just because I do not like the model. Which is unfortunate since I could use her in games in my local community...

Still did a somewhat half-assed but 'enough' job for my standards. She looks good from far away and that is perfectly fine for my goal of tabletop worthy models.

I did mess up the green stuff parts on her arms, since assembled she had these hugs gabs in her arms... That is why it is kind of icky looking in some spots on the model. I had to redo those things often. I had no success with the liquid green stuff so I used the original stuff and got something I am content with...

post-10280-13911926634028_thumb.jpg

I LOVE THIS THING! I am so pleased with how it turned out. Soon I will have nine more of these finished and a whole set to play with! After that I wil most likely work on either crap counters (for future Levi) or some body part tokens for McMourning. The general build up will stay the same though.

I wanted to make some shafted counters in a similar fashion for my Crooked Men and wanted to use two large(ish) shovels for the counter. Do any of you guys have recommendations on which shovels I could use or buy?

There is one in the Wyrd graveyard basing kit set. But I would like to have at least one more from a different range for variety!

There are some nice ones on the Imperial Guard Heavy Weapon Team sprues. I know they have them on the Cadian sprues and I think they also have them on the Catachan ones but I'm not 100% on that one.

Awesome, I will have to look into those sometime!

Great to see such a unique painting style, I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks! Glad you like it. ^^

A small update: I finished two more of the tokens. I reeeeeeally like how they are turning out!

post-10280-13911926638617_thumb.jpg

7 More to go! :D

Weeeeeeeell... Since my Yan Lo didn't arrive I kind of was bummed out. So I went to my local store and pigged out and bought loads of new stuff. Including the dreadful Dead Rider.

I wanted to give this guy's base a kind of dead badlands feel with dried and caked ground, adding to the death the model brings with it.

The guy at my local shop shoved this weird stuff in my hand and I applied it to the base. Here're the results:

post-10280-13911926724867_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911926725329_thumb.jpg

Pretty damn awesome.

I decided to work on my small Pandora crew some, just so I can get those models off of my back. I do plan to repaint one of the already finished Sorrow's (As seen previously in this thread) as the paint job there isn't as great as it is on the other two...

I did finish one more model though and came up with a more suitable base scheme, which I will belated apply to my Sorrows when I have the paints on my pallet again. Tell me what you think!

post-10280-13911926725951_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911926726764_thumb.jpg

Your work is consistently beautiful. The base on the Dead Rider seems to have turned out exactly as you intended!

And those... Corpse Counters. My god. Amazing. How do you intend to differentiate between a single counter or two or three?

Thanks and yes! I might have to use this basing method more in the future.

What exactly do you mean? I am slightly confused. What would I have to differentiate between corpse counters?

Ah. Nevermind then :D

Also I realized you could just keep extra bases, just as I do and stack the plain bases underneath.

Sometimes I am crazy!

Yeah. I always have spare black ones on me when I play for those moments when you need one. Haha.

The base looks great and the painting on Kade is fantastic, you managed to perfectly capture the evil baby look on his face.

Thanks! Kade is probably the creepiest Neverborn model, in my opinion. Got another one finished, tell me what you think!

post-10280-13911926730595_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911926731344_thumb.jpg

Here's a 'group' shot of the four models I have finished of the crew. Terrible lighting is included, of course! ^^;

post-10280-13911926732044_thumb.jpg