Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! Long time no see! Don't remember the forum looking this way... Haha.

Finally I am back in a ways! Getting back into the groove of things after a long absence. Time to post more hand mit picks, just the way you guys like them! :P

20140218_162555_zpsn4squdhn.jpg

20140218_162610_zps1ggehoym.jpg

20140218_162759_zpstxldpezk.jpg

20140218_162732_zpszhaqhrgf.jpg

They are nothing special. Some base coats in grey, green and the primed on brown washed heavily with some assorted washes for variety and then a glowing green face/head painted to added a mystical, magical feel to them. I am pleased with them!

Next on my list are two Bayou Gremlins! Tell me what you think!

Damn you, stealing my base idea that you had no way of knowing I had. That first Waldegeist is based almost exactly how I have mine set up. <_<

Great as usual.  Sometimes the simplest painting can give the best results.

On a side note, what the hell happened to the old emoticons.  I miss the Ratty sets.

Haha. Considering that model has been based and primed for almost a full year... :P

Glad to hear others have had the idea. I think it is fitting for that Waldgeist's pose. Kind of like a Swampthing or some mucky monster coming out of the gooey swampy marshes.

Thanks! I whipped those guys up really quickly. Just wanted to paint something simple and easy to get my feel back for the brushes.

I am still getting acquainted with the new forum. Multi-quotes is already a major win! lol

Good looking Waldgeists! I like the fur and the green face!

Thanks! The green face is supposed to at least give the model directly something interesting to look at. They are pretty creepy too. :D

Good to see some stuff from you after the long break. They look very nice with themed bases and the addition of green to their faces is a nice touch.

Thanks! I still have to catch up with all that has been going on. I am easing my way back into it. I do eventually want to be a little forum spammer as I was in the old days. :P

I really like the green faces on them.

Permission to do something similar on crouching Waldegeist?

Sure, be my guest! Do share your project results though! Would like to see what you did. :D

So besides that here are my current WIPs. Some silly Bayou Gremlins to get back into painting slightly more detailed stuff. Tell me what you think so far!

20140220_172044_zpsila9y9tj.jpg

20140220_172035_zpscqhokehr.jpg

Going to my store again to play tomorrow. Going to pick up some new sculpting tools to work on some custom gremlins. Has anyone seen my old sculpting gear? D:

• 4 weeks later...

Good to have you back man.

You've gotta love it when a simple paint technique comes out so nice. Almost feels like you're cheating.

A Bad Juju painted in a matching style would look superb.

Good start on those goblins too.

Thanks Ned! Bad Juju will indeed be painted simularily. Maybe a bit more color variety, since he has vines and other stuff dangling around on him. Not to mention the little voodoo doll on a necklace.

Besides this I have finally finished the two gremlins I posted above. Tell me what you guys think!

20140316_113622_zpslzaeprcz.jpg

20140316_113647_zpsj9p4u8zm.jpg

20140316_113520_zpsknhfcwrv.jpg

20140316_113556_zpszfchbwri.jpg

I now have a total of five fully painted and finished Bayou Gremlins. Time to work on my next project:

These three models are going to undergo some partially and fully heavy alterations to become something unique and awesome at the same time. Can you guess what they will be? I will post a few pics of the sculpting process and how I change and alter the models while I work on them.

20140316_102229_zps84vj6sir.jpg

The first of these three I will be working on is this Pere Ravage model I will be changing. Thus far I have only cut off the torch and filed down the heavy details on his belly and belt.

e07207a8-10f7-4d50-9bdb-ea50a0b040c0_zps

The second model is a Gremlinette I will be converting into something awesome. I basically removed a whole lot and filed her down so I can add some new details and stuff to her. I also will be adding an arm from a Bayou Gremlin, as you can see on the left.

d7a53b2c-b51a-4bfa-a366-725ad7c934c4_zps

The third model is a Bayou Gremlin that will undergo the strongest changes of the three models. Can you guess what he will become?

I chopped off his left arm (which will be used on the Gremlinette above) and filed down the torso and head to be used in another way.

6bd16269-1117-4781-9b85-70fe5224182b_zps

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Oho. New stuff after a long absence!

I love the Taxidermist mini a lot and I think he's best suited for orange toned skin.

Alt somer is look great as well (also very human looking).

How has it been in the Bayou?

Also I haven't got anything to post as well. I mostly convert and assemble stuff, did some painting but haven't finished anything yet. I'll probably have some finished proxies for Shenlong through the next months time... I've kind of been inspired to paint lately...

• Like 1

Oho. New stuff after a long absence!

I love the Taxidermist mini a lot and I think he's best suited for orange toned skin.

Alt somer is look great as well (also very human looking).

How has it been in the Bayou?

Also I haven't got anything to post as well. I mostly convert and assemble stuff, did some painting but haven't finished anything yet. I'll probably have some finished proxies for Shenlong through the next months time... I've kind of been inspired to paint lately...

I really enjoy the alt Som'er model. He is by far one of my favroite gremlin models. The Bayou has been rather silent as of late. But I hear some funky magic and lots of whispers from around that area. Seems like it is growing active again!

Awesome! Make sure to share (and link me in a PM if possible. I don't have as much time as I used to, to hunt down the forums and hang around.)

Speaking of conversions, I posted a couple WIPs above that are now finally and actually in progress!

The first is my BBQ Meister: Père Ravagé! Ever wonder what those special folks do in their downtime? Père still likes to cook.

At the moment I am letting these pieces dry. I will still add some straps to his apron and a top to his chef hat. His hand will contain a fork with a slab of meat on it.

20140817_155209_zpsxkzuo5qk.jpg

I plan on playing with Marcus as a 'Bayou Pig Master' for funsies sometime. I thought of a fun way to add more pigs to his crew: replace regular beasts with pig beasts! I present to you: THE MIGHTY PIGALOPE!

20140817_152541_zpskddgs9qm.jpg

20140817_152546_zpskqhjnrhb.jpg

I added some funky hair to the model to give it a bit more character and have it stand out from other pigs a bit more than just the antlers. I plan to paint this guy in a golden color range to use as a Golden Pig for scenarios.

The next model up, is still going to be a surprise. Can you guess what it will be? First let us start off with a sex change! I added some boobs and widened his/her hips to get that feminine figure down. There is a lot to do yet on this model.

20140817_152611_zpsxnibqpxm.jpg

20140817_152619_zpsts810vjt.jpg

The next model on my list is up for some heavy altering as well. Still a surprise as well. Here I added a different arm, after chopping up that poor swine of a pig (PUN INTENDED). Next up was to add a really, really short skirt. Don't worry about the white gunk on her skirt. That is actually some paint from my hobby mat. ;)

20140817_160516_zps2fhutp3d.jpg

20140817_160525_zpsng6gnp8o.jpg

"So, Bleach. How is it that you started on converting models but never finished the two models you posted above?". I got a simple answer to that question none of you ever asked in your life: THEY ARE DONE! WOOP!

The Taxidermist turned out pretty neat. I am pleased with how the red hair turned out after the model was finished. I wanted some crazy red hair for him but didn't want to go too red, or it would be swamped with warm colored goodness. So here is a dark brown with red highlights. Turned out neat!

20140817_164746_zpsei9pwlap.jpg

20140817_164751_zpsp3jkikdj.jpg

I love this guy. He turned out pretty darn well. He has that gangster, pimp and kentucky fried chicken colonel. I painted him in white and used lots of bright colors to make him stand out from my regular gremlins, but still tied him in with my regular group colors. He's dashing, flashing and ready to punish those who think their inferior hats surpass his.

20140817_164804_zps8bsnygjn.jpg

20140817_164810_zpsntq7q0oz.jpg

So let me know what you guys think!

• Like 2

I saw Somer and immdiately thought of Boss J. D. Hogg from the Dukes of Hazzard. YeeHaah!

Nice BTW :-)

Haha. Thanks!

So here is an update! Chef Ravagé is finished, I guess. He is being painted on as we speak! A small note, this is one of my FIRST EVER alterations involving sculpting on a miniature. In nearly 15 years of this hobby. I feel like a complete beginner. Tips and tricks are muchly appreciated!

20140820_132250_zpszdt3fdon.jpgAs y

You can take from that image, there are some other models being painted. WRONG! They are actually finished. Take a look:

20140820_180045_zpsf3sdewq4.jpg

20140820_180052_zps1myeslhj.jpg

20140820_180105_zpsceimji17.jpg

20140820_180122_zpstdbtq6h3.jpg

20140820_180141_zpstiicefv5.jpg

The one with the pig is to test and see how an 'undead' piglet would look in my color scheme. I kept it green, just went for a more bruised and yet pale look to it. I dig it! :)

Tell me what you think guys! I know the Skeets aint spectacular, but I would like some criticism on them and defiitely on my 'sculpting'. Cheers~

• Like 3

Skeeters are disgusting! Great work on them :D I love your idea how they use their tongues to suck the blood.
Only thing I would propose that the undead pig has glowy eyes and maybe a bit of OSL effect around them, but that's me just being spoiled. (I couldn't pull it off with my painting skills as I am right now)

Apron on the chef looks good.
What did he skewer grill on his shishkebab pike, are those some sort of meatballs? Meatballs might need a bit of texture to them, but all in all he looks quite nice (maybe a bit too competent at grilling edible food since he's a gremlin).

Which rules are you going to use for him? (Wongs I guess)

• Like 1

Skeeters are disgusting! Great work on them :D I love your idea how they use their tongues to suck the blood.

Only thing I would propose that the undead pig has glowy eyes and maybe a bit of OSL effect around them, but that's me just being spoiled. (I couldn't pull it off with my painting skills as I am right now)

Apron on the chef looks good.

What did he skewer grill on his shishkebab pike, are those some sort of meatballs? Meatballs might need a bit of texture to them, but all in all he looks quite nice (maybe a bit too competent at grilling edible food since he's a gremlin).

Which rules are you going to use for him? (Wongs I guess)

Thanks! Skeet, skeet!

I see no fault in gremlins imitating kebabs as a bad thing. It isn't hard either. I do think in terms of cooking them, they will probably not turn out edible in some way. :P

He will be a regular Bayou Gremlin.

Wow EVB long time no see. Glad to see you are improving your painting constantly:) alot quicker than me unfortunately ;)

great work and loving your gremlins :)

Hey yeah! Thanks, though I do not really think I have improved much. But thanks none the less! <3

Wow, love Somer's white suit, and the chef is coming out nicely

Thank you!

Somer's white suit and top hat look great and I love the paintjob on this model. Just one small thing you might want to change - the nails on his foot seem to have the same color as his clothes. A quick dark/brown wash should do the trick ;)

Thank you! All of my Gremlins have bone white (and simple) nails and teeth. It is just part of that uniform look I am going after. :)

So here are my next two models finished and nice!

Chef Ravage with some burnt undefineable chunks of whatever.

20140823_192243_zpskxqz36sx.jpg

20140823_192247_zpsoy6bytnq.jpg

Funky Burt Jebson with his crazy gun!

20140823_192257_zpshci4lvra.jpg

20140823_192301_zpswcldzi4m.jpg

Tell me what you guys think! Next up I will be painting some Infinity models. Just need a little Malifaux break for a bit. I am painting some Bakunin Nomads. Here are two already finished models, so you can see what else I do besides Malifaux!

A Zero with Combi Rifle and deployable repeater.

20140811_191057_zpsowpdplyr.jpg

A Moderator with a Combi Rifle.

20140811_191622_zpsyhxz5hhw.jpg

These guys usually take longer to paint because I use a different approach on shading. I actually tone down or up on the colors instead of using a simple wash, highlight and fin as I do on my Gremlins. You can see this mostly on the pants of the models since the 'white' color on them has various shades hidden within. I will be painting another zero and a moderator (common troops in my army). Once finished I will head back into the 'Faux and paint a total of 6 Pigs! (Maybe even a very special and very big and bulky and kind of gross one too, if I am in the mood...)

• Like 2

Chief Ravage looks amazing - really great GS work on the apron and hat. Such a small mini yet you've kept the details sharp!

Thanks a lot! The GS work on Ravage wasn't too difficult. Mostly just rectangular shapes added and slightly pushed around on the model until they fit. More concerning will be the hair bits and some other portions on the other two models currently WIP. I wont nail them and get the best looking model out there. But without practice I will never be able to do that in general. So woop, woop!

Bert!! I knew I forgot to buy one gremlin.... 

(still) loving your orange greenskins and I agree with my Polish mate - although I think you should add the sign to his apron: kiss the cook!

Haha. You can always buy him belated. Make sure to pick up Gracie or a Warpig. He has good synergies with those porcines!

I wont paint anything on the apron. Even if it would be fun, I like the way it is. Plus my freehand is TERRIBLE!!!