doppleganger question about mimic (got tired of searching)

aracknight

Question

10 answers to this question

In a recent game I used mimic to copy someones weapon... then used it a second time to copy a trigger on the weapon. My question is simply this, do I still have to meet suit requirements for the trigger to use it? I would think I do... but I was told I didn't... help! :-)

When you copy a weapon I belive you get all Triigers connected to it, but you still have to flip the suit for the triggers, as long as the weapon doesn't have those suits. So that no infinate onslaughts for you

Copying a weapon does not grant you triggers associated with the weapon as they are entirely separate from the weapon. Any additional effects produced by the weapon itself, however, are copied. In the original scenario you played it correctly. The weapon and the trigger are copied separately, and all suit requirements must be met in order to use the trigger.

Nekima doesn't have a suit on on her combat, part of the weapon is it adds any suit to combat before duels are finished, since Doppleganger uses her own combat (which already has a mask) she gets any trigger (that involves two suits that she has already copied) automatically.

I think the doppleganger would use her wp, which would mean if she copies Zoraida's wp it's almost an autohit.

yes and yes... gollum is right. with Nekima I'd get the suit + since its the doppleganger, a mask which goes with her cb... which does makes any of her triggers basically freebee choices. And yes, since the weapon with the insidious madness is what has the ability of using wp, you could use wp instead of cb if you copy it. (meaning if you REALLY REALLY needed to get 1/2/2+slow weapon to go off you could copy the someone's wp and get a better shot at it.)

New question I think I know the answer to. Since the triggers on weapons typically have the name of the weapon, you couldn't copy a trigger that goes with a different weapon and use it correct? Like... grabbing chompy's onslaught trigger with Nekima's greatsword. In the book anyway (I'm not digging out the card right now) the onslaught trigger says six inch teeth, ten inch claws. so it couldn't be put on her sword... or say the 10 inch insidious madness gun right?

yes and yes... gollum is right. with Nekima I'd get the suit + since its the doppleganger, a mask which goes with her cb... which does makes any of her triggers basically freebee choices. And yes, since the weapon with the insidious madness is what has the ability of using wp, you could use wp instead of cb if you copy it. (meaning if you REALLY REALLY needed to get 1/2/2+slow weapon to go off you could copy the someone's wp and get a better shot at it.)

New question I think I know the answer to. Since the triggers on weapons typically have the name of the weapon, you couldn't copy a trigger that goes with a different weapon and use it correct? Like... grabbing chompy's onslaught trigger with Nekima's greatsword. In the book anyway (I'm not digging out the card right now) the onslaught trigger says six inch teeth, ten inch claws. so it couldn't be put on her sword... or say the 10 inch insidious madness gun right?

That's correct. Any trigger that specifically says the weapon cannot be mimicked to another weapon.