Adepticon!

nilus

Last forum post before the con starts.

For those not aware Adepticon(the biggest Miniature wargaming dedicated convention in the US) starts this Thursday. There will be Malifaux events a plenty going on.

I will be posting forum updates with tournament results when I get a chance and I will be twittering(@nilus2k). I have not picked a Twitter hash tag for Malifaux at Adepticon but am open to suggestions.

For those playing please check this link out, me and Nix put together some clarifications on rules so everyone is on the same page. The important parts are how we are handling big models in buildings and how we are capping a few infinite combos that can come up.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=1QNio_5SbF4OiuWylyeD3Q9KByvhgHlioSk58cZVv5vNF-eZMsTWu32C4dhaY

Anyways hope to see a bunch of you in three days and I hope everyone else enjoys the coverage of the events.

My Friekorps Trapper is wondering how you will be playing 'From the Shadows'??

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?30759-Croolingans-and-turf-war&p=392580#post392580

You could have asked this before I printed 136 packets with the file :)

Here is how I am handling it

From the shadow only takes into account the Strategy and scheme you know during deployment(IE your own). So you can't deploy within 12" of your own scheme objectives.

Objectives I am defining as counters or terrain pieces nominated by Strategies and Schemes. Zones such as in reconniotor or turf war are not considered objectives. At least thats how I am going to handle it.

Hope that helps

You could have asked this before I printed 136 packets with the file :)

Here is how I am handling it

From the shadow only takes into account the Strategy and scheme you know during deployment(IE your own). So you can't deploy within 12" of your own scheme objectives.

Objectives I am defining as counters or terrain pieces nominated by Strategies and Schemes. Zones such as in reconniotor or turf war are not considered objectives. At least thats how I am going to handle it.

Hope that helps

I updated that other post with my own thoughts.

Regardless, you need to take into account Plant Evidence. Plant does not nominate terrain pieces, it just lets you interact with them.

Lastly, make sure you're aware that the ability says announced schemes, and your restriction doesn't matter if you're announcing or not.

Just my two cents.

To anyone left at the Finals on Sunday, I left my digital camera at the tourney area behind the table. If anyone saw it or picked it up I'd like it back please ;_; It has pics from the cake tourney on there, it's a Canon. I'll post more details when I'm back at home and can figure out what model as I'm sleep deprived at the moment. I'll pay shipping to get it back. ;_;

Adepticon was awesome! To all the new people I met I had a great time chatting and getting games in. Im still a noob and would like to thank everyone for any advice that was given on game tactics. I guess I should have asked peoples forum names but my name was Roberto.I was the guy with the blackhawks hat that played Viks. I only played in the story event and that was awesome. Hope to get some games in with everyone again. Maybe at Gen Con or sooner.

Adepticon was awesome! To all the new people I met I had a great time chatting and getting games in. Im still a noob and would like to thank everyone for any advice that was given on game tactics. I guess I should have asked peoples forum names but my name was Roberto.I was the guy with the blackhawks hat that played Viks. I only played in the story event and that was awesome. Hope to get some games in with everyone again. Maybe at Gen Con or sooner.

I was the other guy with the Viks that ya played in the third round. ;)

I ended up going back to Adepticon and was able to track down my camera. I also managed to make it home safe and sound. Good times had by all!

As its has become a tradition. Next year when someone leaves their camera at Adepticon I am keeping it. They can have my old piece of crap :)

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Glad you had a good time Roberto. I was the guy who was so tired by Saturday night he just decided to not use the 2 layers of redundancy in tournament scoring and when the software crashed ("RATTY!!!!") delayed the last round 15 minutes. Honestly it was the only schedule slip was had all weekend so I can't complain. It was priceless to see Nix's face when I told him how I screwed up. :)

Thanks Dan/Bill for putting in all your time - your sweat really paid off as I thought everything was super smooth and games were all pleasant and devoid of arguments. Thanks to all my opponents - 10 games of Malifaux in a weekend and everyone was a great sportsman. It says a lot about the hobby and this system in particular that that's the case.

Also, to all the sponsors - thanks for the swag! ;-D