• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate your kind words :)

All of it really comes down to a couple of simple things:

My budget is not the largest, so when i'm buying miniatures or terrain, i always wait for the right deal, like Gencon or piggybacking my friends. It really helps though to be a Henchman ;)

My way of building terrain, is always look for the cheapest materials possible and then make them look more expensive with the help of 1 or 2 miniatures to give them "life". My best way of acquiring such materials is second-hand stores or fleamarket(?? The danish word is "loppemarked" and it's really just a lot of junk in one place for a small price).

But my main goal is always to do something new and exciting, so i can inspire others to do great things :)

I have a tiny request though... Feel free to copy/steal/borrow my ideas, but i would really love to see your designs of my ideas in this thread, just for comparisons and more content for this thread, you are not obliged to do it of course, but i would love it so much!

You know what, just for the hell of it will i do a free commission job for the one that makes the best version of my designs, the contest will begin at the start of October 2013 after my great tournament in Copenhagen and will end at the end of October. So yeah, you got a whole year ahead of you to plan and build it :)

About the dreamer, well i have a very talented friend that will sculpt Dreamer as Beavis, and Chompy as Butthead you can see his work here. http://imitationoflifeminiatures.blogspot.dk/

If you really like my terrain and miniatures, why not visit me to the next www.giantfanatic.dk? I will make sure it's worth the trip, just ask Cassaruz, he came all the way from sweden this year, and he was not disappointed :)

Oh and just a bit more bait, my friend Kasper will build Kythera and Bayou for the before-mentioned tournament, and i will make "The Breach" from book one, i am so lucky that i know another sculptor (Some of his work, and he is only in the start twenties http://trollforged.com/shelf_fantasy_Fishmen.html) and he was so kind to sculpt the face of the train, free of charge :D

I hope my english was understandable, i wrote this in a bit of a rush :)

Super fun project.

I love the bases. I love the counters. Gives me a ton of ideas. Thanks!

I noticed your camera doesn't like to focus on the whole picture, especially when there are things like tentacles shooting off in all directions. I had the same problem until a photographer recommended using the wide angle setting on my camera in addition to macro, which was a huge help.

Here is some stuff that i am working on, for an upcoming tournament, i will use my Lynch Crew and this Jady Justice Crew

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lady Justice -- 5 Pool

+ Justice, Avatar of Balance [2ss]

Guardian [7ss]

Ryle, Guild Pawn [8ss]

Warden [5ss]

Wastrel [4ss]

Wastrel [4ss]

Wastrel [4ss]

And now some of the fun stuff

Wastrels with artifacts, Guardian and Warden

SDC11273-1.jpg

SDC11278-1.jpg

Elixir

SDC11277-1.jpg

Feather

SDC11276-1.jpg

Blade

SDC11275-1.jpg

Soulstone Bullet (A painted Amethyst)

SDC11274-1.jpg

Avatar Justice with her two Balancing Effects

]SDC11279-1.jpg

And my upcoming Soulstone Field Prototype

SDC11280.jpg

Edited by zKoTTe

Beware of Egotrip.

First off is the new design for our Malifaux tables in the store i'm doing events.

SDC11281.jpg

I attended a Yard-sale for miniatures yesterday, and look what i found!

SDC11282.jpg

A Scotsman! (Skotte on danish, hope you catch the joke:))

I have not yet decided if i should paint him like a scotsman and use him as a Mascot, or get the most out of him by making a statue out of him.

And finally... ME!!!! As a Cyborg with a Minigun, whats not to love :D

Counts as Ryle

SDC11283.jpg

SDC11284.jpg

SDC11285.jpg

SDC11286.jpg

Edited by zKoTTe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

W.I.P.

Ryle (me)

My good friend Sonny made a sculpt out of my face, the expression was designed after this picture from my younger days :) (I was man of the week in a Tabloid Magazine)

141971.jpg

It's very difficult to paint my own face as a Zombie, but here is the result.

Morten Ryle

SDC11287.jpg

SDC11288-1.jpg

SDC11289.jpg

SDC11290.jpg

A good friend of mine helped me with some freehand, the theme of the crew is Duality so it fitted quite well i think.

Guardian

SDC11291-1.jpg

SDC11294-1.jpg

SDC11295-1.jpg

SDC11292-1.jpg

SDC11293.jpg

I'm quite proud of my work so far :)

Edited by zKoTTe