ok went back and went through the whole thing. great way to kill time on a slow work shift.

nothing wrong with them, but do you hate flat bases? it seems like all yours are on the tops of hills. i'm sure it makes moving the models around the board without toughing the painted part of the model much easier.

also, booo to viking charging over the swedish flag. :) but the little dane on the LOTR head looks cool.

I think a game like malifaux or privateer press where model height is a preset value is a great place to get creative. a game like 40k where the rule is true line of sight, i large creative base like yours ends up being a self imposed penalty as it makes all your models easier to see and shoot.

they certainly stand out, and solve the biggest complaint i hear from people playing rounded edge base games. they all complaint that you cant get an easy grip on the rounded edge to move the model in game, and you end up grabbing the model itself and are more likely to chip and rub off the paint. you big hill bases give you an easy place to grab the model and move it around the table without touching the paintwork of the model.

i am looking forwards to where those lead.

when cleaning out moms garage so she could finally park inside it this winter, i found a metal butterfly decoration about 18" by 18". the sun had bleached all the color out of the paint. told mom i would take it home and see what I could do to repaint it as a purple butterfly. gonna have to post pics of it if i can figure out how i want to do it.

i tried to prime it white right over the old paint. turns out there were a couple dots of rust that caused the new primer to blister. now on my next days off i'll have to strip the paint off, and brush it with a wire wheel to get rid of the rust and start with a fresh primer coat. tried to cut corners and save time and it bit me in the backside. oh well.

this is basically a "play around with the airbrush" project. i know i want to do a purple to lavender blend. i just dont know if i want the dark purple in the middle near the thorax or near the wingtips. I will probably add some spots as well. either white with yellow if the dark purple is hear wing edges, or black with yellow if the lavender color is near wingtips.