Fire & Ice Tournament Weekend, Cranfield - 17/18th June

Clousseau

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was definitely a great day, fun games and fun players and I really enjoyed myself!

It went really smoothly so great, although the eternal comment of "gaining ground's timing rule is not working" was brought up again. It did allow us to play 4 games in a day, but most of those games had to be terminated at turn 4 or 5, which doesn't really reflect the potential of a Malifaux game. Wyrd should really change that to 120min.

Thanks Dave you were once again excellent, and thanks to my opponents who were all very friendly :)

Day 2 of the event is now over, and again I had to play due to uneven numbers. Today was a bit more laid back with 45SS brawls, random individual strategies and random weather effects.

So here's the result of 3 rounds of combat.

1 Oshova - Neverborn 9/21/26

2 Joel - Neverborn 6/10/24

3 Clousseau - Guild 6/4/20 (did not count towards awards)

4 aka Hazard - Arcanists 6/4/14

5 magicpockets - Outcasts 6/3/20

6 mwig5 - Outcasts 6/1/17

7 fantasyfreak - Outcasts 4/4/20

8 kingledge - Guild 4/4/18

9 Sarge - 3/-10/10

10 Chris - Neverborn 3/-12/6

11 Martyn - Guild 0/-9/10

12 DaveC - Outcasts 0/-20/2

Best painted minion - aka hazard (Kaeris)

Random Miss Demeanor - Sarge

Edited by Clousseau

Golden moment of the day for me was Peacekeeper tossing Von Schill off a building and doing 10Wd to him from the fall. Magic.

Thanks to all my opponents over the weekend, despite all the distractions a TO gets, and especially to Joel as I was soooo tired and probably grumpy!

No problems at all dave, I had a great time and really enjoyed all my games. Many thanks to all 7 of my opponents over the weekend, you all made this newcomer feel very welcome and I hope to see you at future events. :)

The event was really well run to dave, but I can see why you'd prefer not to play and run at the same time :).

Ta,

Joel

Woo! Go Timmy!

Do you want to swap with Adam at the Team Challenge?

Im more than happy to step down, only coming because I committed to it ;) and don't worry, I won't be dic*ing around with crew selection next week lol

Re the event, another brilliant job by Dave/Clousseau and kudos to Joel and Tim for their wins. Also, great to meet so many new "not regular" (irregular?) faces - by far the est thing about this game is the people/community, and that was shown again this weekend. Thank you everyone who came.

Edited by magicpockets

Thanks to all for helping make this so much fun. As only my second tournament type thing I was pleased all my opponents were so nice and patient with my playing.

As for Von Schills slight tumble from the roof top.....ouch, shame rocket boots only work from the ground up :-)

Looking forward to my next chance to play even after 7 game weekend.

Big thanks again.

Thanks to everyone I played today, all great games and great people!

Everyone seemed friendly and was a nice chilled atmosphere :)

Many thanks to Dave for organising everything and making it enjoyable.

Congrats to Tim for 1st and aka_hazard for best painted, Kaeris and the whole crew looked great!

I look forward to my next malifaux tourney!

Well, what can I say? I'm amazed I won . . . just means I will do badly next weekend at the ETC instead. But I had 7 great games over the weekend, all of which were nice, closely fought games. It's no fun beating someone 8-0 on turn 1. I would much rather fight tooth and nail, and I had that for 7 games.

Also nice to play 6 different opponents over the games as well, and great to see so many new faces around.

Hopefully the Northampton campaign day ( http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?32396-Dead-Heat-Campaign-Day-in-Northampton ) will help bring some more players into the regular crew.

If there's one thing I love about this game, it's the community.

A great day (for the one day I could make). I had three great close games, thanks to all my opponents, I'm sure the look of shock on my face when Timmy showed me what a Collodi with 8 little friends can do was worth it. I'm looking forward to the campaign day and hopefully building up more local players (even if we do get splitters like Adam :) )

Finally thanks again to Dave for all of his hard work for the days and the community in general. It's really appreciated.

Results are up on RankingsHQ for those interested.

Oshova should be interested in his new ranking at any rate!

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Results are up on RankingsHQ for those interested.

Oshova should be interested in his new ranking at any rate!