Purpose of the Slate Ridge Mauler?

Orboros

As the title says i was wondering what exactly its role in an arcanist force is. I guess you could include him as a classic beatstick. Potentially 3 attacks with a Cb of 6-10 (if you include the debuff from his trigger) and a potential 7 damage per attack (also including triggers) it can cause some serious trauma.

While this is huge and looks great on paper i can't see how it should survive longer than round 3 on the board. Its defensive stats suggest him being used as an assassin type model but there is no need in another assassin beast because our other models available in that niche have way better mobility.

So has anyone of you gathered experience with the bear? If yes how do you use it? Am i overlooking something crucial?

In hopes you can help me out,

Orboros

I haven't really played him myself and I agree that I can't see him living for too long. He seems like a decent speed bump. If the enemy hurts him he gets better so (like Santiago) so you have to kill him or face his wrath. With HTW and HTK you'll have to spend several attacks to put him down.

His one spell seems kind've a waste with his 4 CA and the opponent only needing a DF vs 12 to escape it.

He might function better with Avatar Marcus - not that I see any real reason to take that either though.

I hope I'm wrong since I love the concept.

I always thought his use was clear... 4 arms: 2 for hugging 2 for punching

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I think he could be an interesting fit as a beater in a raspi list. His SS cost is affordable enough to fit in with her expensive crew, her armor buff could add alot to his lifespan, armor 2 ontop of h2w is nice (coming from a resser)

The dead rider is the rider with the worst damage output. If i field him he is never my meele beatstick because he packs not much of a punch in my opinion. I use him mostly for positioning shenanigans and to "tank" enemy models. Sure you cant ignore his damage but he is not a beatstick in my eyes.

i think he will be good in a defensive crew strategy, something like turf war, these things,

he doesn't need to be fast, he only need to be on the oppenents halve, same with escape and survive. together with marcus and aMarcus, he will be a serious pain, my brother loves him, he never tried him, but just loves the concept.

i can't see the point in buying a blessed of december, but she fits in my raspy list, and i don't want to buy a cerberus, same thing, it's fluffy, funny and it could work.

but maybe we will see what he is capable of when someone tries him together in some lists

The dead rider is the rider with the worst damage output. If i field him he is never my meele beatstick because he packs not much of a punch in my opinion. I use him mostly for positioning shenanigans and to "tank" enemy models. Sure you cant ignore his damage but he is not a beatstick in my eyes.

ah, well personal experience always trumps conventional wisdom. For me he was a metal god destroying all in his path and laughing off thier attempts to stop him