Killjoy

Spiku

If I can out activate you, and drop killjoy in your deployment zone on turn 1, will he make his points back. Simple as that; can I justify his Outcast cost if I put him in such a risky position.

Someone was suggesting that he could kill a master with full activations, and I just can't see this as being likely given the fact that they have use soulstones, but that's my bias against high soulstone models in general.

How do you plan on getting him there. Your going to need a model that can get there on turn one and still have 1ap left to sac itself to bring in kill joy. Once he's there I'm sure he can bring the hurt. If I recall he's cb 7 min damage 4 with the possibility of onslaught. His survivability however is slim to none so don't expect him to stick around unsupported.

Pockets: Yes, I meant to start a new thread, because I didn't want to derail the other, and I want to catch the attention of people who might use him other than just people checking that Levi thread. You really don't get how threads work, do you mate? Methinks you want to focus those tests in future because 1ap doesn't seem to be enough ;3

Twisted Metal: It doesn't matter how I do it, the fact is I just said I did it =D I -have- out activated you, and I -have- done the sacrifice to place it in your deployment zone =3

I'm just interested in how people feel about him having 3 actions in their deployment before being able to mince him, and if he will make his points back

Every time I've put Killjoy on the table, he has more than made his points back. My best experience with him was Killjoy vs. Mature Nephilim, Bad-JuJu, Zorida, and an Insidious Madness. All they wanted to do was take their silly treasure counter back and Killjoy just refused to let it happen. By the end of it, Ju-Ju had died twice along with the Insidious, the mature wasn't hurting Killjoy any more than Killjoy was healing, and Zorida was running out of options.

So yes, Killjoy in the deployment zone with 3 activations against an out activated crew is easily worth it IMO.

How do you plan on getting him there. Your going to need a model that can get there on turn one and still have 1ap left to sac itself to bring in kill joy. Once he's there I'm sure he can bring the hurt. If I recall he's cb 7 min damage 4 with the possibility of onslaught. His survivability however is slim to none so don't expect him to stick around unsupported.

Zoraida or Collodi moves up to the edge of your opponent's deployment zone, Wicked Doll teleports to them as a zero action, walks five inches, then uses its final (1) action to summon Killjoy. Summon him near something edible to keep him alive longer. Admittedly, I've only done this in one game so far (my Collodi crew is not finished yet, sadly, so I tried him using Zoraida as the target for the Wicked Doll's teleport), but the one time I tried it, it worked pretty well. I did, however, decide to wait until the second or third turn to do it, since I wanted my opponent's Rasputina to be better exposed before risking Killjoy.

I think you more than anyone know how I feel about being reliant on suits!

It does seem as though he is more suited to later on in the match when you can drop him as a counter to something the opponent does; but I've never touched him so I was wondering on how people'd react to it.

Might make a nice brawl addition for me, I dunno.

Well i've had Killjoy pop up and kill my VonSchill, Misaki and a 10 Thunders Brother in one activation. He is a massive pain.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I think you more than anyone know how I feel about being reliant on suits!

I do? Erm, okay.

I absolutely love Killjoy. My best game I had Zorida obeying Nekima, which took out a terror tot, and a lelu. Killjoy took out Lilith, Nekima, Lilitu, Mature Neph, 2 Young neph and a Blackblood Shaman. I won that game with just Killjoy and Zorida. Collodi and his dolls sat back and provided one wicked doll to bring him out.

If they ever make him a master (Slim chance... but hey.... I can hope) I will be standing in line.

Infinite Mosquito loops are abusable, more at 11!

He'll do serious damage wherever he pops up. That's a given really.

And he's not *reliant* on suits. Three attacks at Cb7 4/5/7 will put the hurt on anyone, even if he doesnt hit a single Onslaught (which is relatively unlikely given your hand and 3 attacks).

Masters, as usual, may not be the best target but then again, a lot of masters have low Df and soulstone flips of low numbers happen plenty often.

Furthermore; even if you attack a master and all you do is burn 3 SS off him, and then soak up 3-4 attacks (or maybe more, thanks to HtW 2) and then die, then black blood wounds, terrifying tests and Slow to Die action all combined can still mean that he was a valid use of points if you have appropriate stuff going on whilst it is happening.

Edited by Calmdown

Calmdown: I'm offended you would suggest I would use such a mechanic, with brawl doubles coming up so soon, with an entirely reliable method of both out activating and summoning in someone's deployment zone which no one could possibly have suggested was on my mind.

Did you obey Killjoy much on that?

No actually, what I did was done to Nekima. It was a pretty solid game of Killjoy at midfield killing everything, and Nekima behind cover (not sure why he had her behind cover) Wrecking those models. Just a lot of onslaught triggers so every Ap was spent on a different model really.

Come to think of it, his onslaught ain't that bad. Not much lives after a shot anyway.... :D

I'm just interested in how people feel about him having 3 actions in their deployment before being able to mince him, and if he will make his points back

Just a slight correction: provided you have outactivated your opponent you will have at least 3 actions (+Onslaught) with Killjoy and could get 3 more (+Onslaught) if you win the next initiative. Even without the initiative, some crews just don't have the power to kill Killjoy in one activation.

Anyway I can't remember a game where Killjoy did not manage to earn his (its) salt. I saw Perdita die despite she was using SS, I saw roughly 20 points of minions killed in a whirlwind of death, I saw games turning upside down when he (it) arrived at last. Cheap Slow to Die models make him (it) shine even more just because of the threat his (its) likely appearance provides.

On the other hand I'm not sure that droping Killjoy early is always the best option in a game.

Edited by Csonti