• Iggy
    [7ss]

• Union Miner
    [4ss]

• Union Miner
    [4ss]

• Union Miner
    [4ss]

I was thinking that this list would be good for Slaughter and Contain Power strategies - Dumping three miners and Kaeris on top of an opposing master seems like a good way to tear them down pretty fast. And with Kaeris' flying, they'd be pretty mobile. Throw in some Gamins and Iggy to dump burning tokens all over the board so Kaeris can do crowd control if she needs to (leaving the miners to deal with more resilient opponents). Furthermore, it seems to me that the Miners would be perfect for destroying the enemy supply wagon.

The gunsmith is there to add some ranged support in a list that is primarily melee based, not much else.

Anyhow, this was a spur of the moment list, so it's probably full of holes. Your thoughts?

This is a little off topic... well, kinda... but is Iggy worth it? i haven't proxied him yet as i'm still running just the Box set plus the LSPA and the SSMiner

He seems cool, but i haven't taken a close enough look at him to make a judgement call.

:D

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Also, why Marcus? Just out of curiosity.

This is a little off topic... well, kinda... but is Iggy worth it? i haven't proxied him yet as i'm still running just the Box set plus the LSPA and the SSMiner

He seems cool, but i haven't taken a close enough look at him to make a judgement call.

Well, I haven't used him myself, which is why I'm going to be trying him out in a game later today, but considering how he interacts with and makes burning tokens, I think he'll fit in a Kaeris crew just great.

He gives out burning tokens when he hits in melee, has a trigger that allows him to do +1 Dg when he hits in melee for every burning token the opponent has on then (which, in a Kaeris list can easily grow to be huge), and has a (1) spell that is a Dg2 :pulse 4 which also hands out burning tokens, and deals 1Wd and a burning token whenever he's hit in melee. Also he has Ablaze, making him immune to burning tokens.

So yeah, at least on paper, it looks like he's totally worth the seven soulstones to hire him.

Alright, I tried this out last night, and it worked okay. Iggy was rather lacking in resilience, and I didn't manage to keep him alive long enough to use his (1) spell which would have really messed up my opponent's Collodi crew.

As a matter of fact, the entire crew lacks resilience. I need to add something with a little more toughness - preferable an M&SU Member, because if someone kills Kaeris (Leveticus got a LoS on her, it wasn't pretty) then I lose all my buried Miners. That's 20 soulstones in one go - not fun.

Also, why Marcus? Just out of curiosity.

He can keep up with a flying model? That's my guess. I've oft' thought of how to use Kaeris effectively in a Marcus crew (raptoring her into a beast, and then Myrandaing all those delicious (1) spells for double spell goodness), but in a straight M&SU crew... yep, just for the SoC and the speed of Marcus is what I'm thinking. Maybe a Mid-heavy meleer that is unrestricted to ending up close to Kaeris.