Rusty Alice and Ramos

Vanilla_Dice

Question

Rusty Alice gives the ability of drawing 2 extra control cards during the draw phase if within 3 of Ramos... However unlike lilith's "rush of magic" it doesn't say you must then discard down to you maximum size hand... Does this mean that you could essentially have an 8 card control hand? Cause that's the way I'm reading it (I have a Lilith crew too, hence my comparison).

7 answers to this question

This was already ruled on:

www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?21318-Rusty-Alyce-and-Maximum-Hand-Size#7

and the discard down step for reference is RM pg. 30 Section C. last paragraph. "If a player has more Cards in..."

tl;dr: You draw the extra cards from Alyce and discard down to the maximum encounter hand size in the draw phase.

Edited by GrAYFoX

RM, page 30, C. Draw Control Cards:

If a player has more cards in his or her hand than the maximum, that player does not draw any cards and must discard cards until he or she has no more than the maximum number of cards allowed in his or her hand.

I would actually say that, as written, you do not get the benefits of Something To Live For if you are already at maximum hand size or more. Since you do not draw cards, you clearly cannot draw additional cards. However, if you discarded down to 5 cards first (in a Scrap), you could then draw back up to 8. I doubt many players would bat an eyelid if you simply drew back up to 8 cards each turn, though.

Edit: Official clarifications are always nice. :)