Help to clarify some rule discussions.

Snowman

Hi all Puppeteers.

I hobe that some of you can help to clarify some issues, that we have come upon in the games my friends and I have been playing.

1) Does Moleman take damage, if Marcus casts Roar on an adjacent Stuffed Animal, if it's Covered Up?

(I my opinion the Moleman suffers a Rip, because it's not the target of the Roar action.)

2) Does Moleman also get moved when Mature Nephilim makes Wing-Fu, if it's Covered Up?

3) Can you attach the upgrade directly to December Acolyte, if the Master makes "What Pretty Buttons You Have..." to an adjacent puppet?

4) Can you dodge "Bite the Hand"?

(I my opinion you can, because it's an Attack Action even when it's a Free Action.)

5) If you :fastScrounge the Piglets' Upgrade from another player's Work Bench, then that player can not use the Hog Whisper's "Bacon Wean'en" Action?

6) If December Acolyte is adjacent to the Piglets when it make it's "Meat Candy" ability, can December Acolyte directly take the upgrade?

And tanks to Wyrd and all the developers for this great game.

Edited by Snowman

That's a good list of questions.

1. Cover up reads "this puppet may not be targeted by Actions other than Attacks." so not only can moleman be targeted by attacks, but if moleman is not the target of roar, then he does suffer a rip, in my mind.

2. As noted above, moleman's cover up protects him from being the target of actions that are not the attack action, i feel, once again, since wing-fu is not targeting him and acts more like an aoe, that this should affect him.

3. "What pretty buttons you have" requires moving "one or more puppets from your toy box to your Scrap Heap" so the puppet could not be adjacent to December acolyte since the puppet is still in the toy box ie hasn't been animated.

4. Yes, Bite the Hand causes the Guild Hound to make an attack. Thus the normal attack procedures would follow.

5. This is true, since the piglet is no longer in the scrap heap, it cannot be moved to the toy box if someone has taken bacon. The same is true with Seamus and the rotten bele. If someone takes the moldy stuffing, Seamus cannot use lovely belles to reanimate.

6. I would say yes, since the puppet is torn apart to fulfill meat candy, December acolyte may take the upgrade.

I would say Hugor has 3-6 covered. However, concerning the Moleman you have to look at what an attack is defined as.

The attack action is clear, if a puppet uses their Cb and tries to match Moleman's Df, that is an attack.

Automatic damage like Ice Golem's Ice Blaster is different, but because it is clearly targetting the Moleman, I would probably count that as an attack. This will need clarification though.

On the topic of AoE I do not think Moleman would be effected by Wing-fu, because it is not an attack, there is only the chance of causing a rip and that comes after the placement. Roar however is tricky and I think Moleman couldn't be used for roar but could still be ripped if adjacent to a puppet which was. Again, I'm not certain.

So really it comes down to whether it means "an action that causes a rip" or just "the attack action".

Until there is clarification I would argue Moleman is only effected by actions that cause the rip before other effects, whether direct or AoE.

Good question though, one I'm just as interested in clarifying because I love Moleman.

That's a good list of questions.

1. Cover up reads "this puppet may not be targeted by Actions other than Attacks." so not only can moleman be targeted by attacks, but if moleman is not the target of roar, then he does suffer a rip, in my mind.

2. As noted above, moleman's cover up protects him from being the target of actions that are not the attack action, i feel, once again, since wing-fu is not targeting him and acts more like an aoe, that this should affect him.

3. "What pretty buttons you have" requires moving "one or more puppets from your toy box to your Scrap Heap" so the puppet could not be adjacent to December acolyte since the puppet is still in the toy box ie hasn't been animated.

4. Yes, Bite the Hand causes the Guild Hound to make an attack. Thus the normal attack procedures would follow.

5. This is true, since the piglet is no longer in the scrap heap, it cannot be moved to the toy box if someone has taken bacon. The same is true with Seamus and the rotten bele. If someone takes the moldy stuffing, Seamus cannot use lovely belles to reanimate.

6. I would say yes, since the puppet is torn apart to fulfill meat candy, December acolyte may take the upgrade.

This is all 100% correct. :)

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

I would say Hugor has 3-6 covered. However, concerning the Moleman you have to look at what an attack is defined as.

The attack action is clear, if a puppet uses their Cb and tries to match Moleman's Df, that is an attack.

Automatic damage like Ice Golem's Ice Blaster is different, but because it is clearly targetting the Moleman, I would probably count that as an attack. This will need clarification though.

On the topic of AoE I do not think Moleman would be effected by Wing-fu, because it is not an attack, there is only the chance of causing a rip and that comes after the placement. Roar however is tricky and I think Moleman couldn't be used for roar but could still be ripped if adjacent to a puppet which was. Again, I'm not certain.

So really it comes down to whether it means "an action that causes a rip" or just "the attack action".

Until there is clarification I would argue Moleman is only effected by actions that cause the rip before other effects, whether direct or AoE.

Good question though, one I'm just as interested in clarifying because I love Moleman.

When the rules or an ability uses the word "Attack" it is referring to the "Attack Action."

So a moleman could not be targeted by the ice golemn's ice blaster, as it is not the attack action. However, it could be ripped by roar if roar had targeted an adjacent puppet, because the moleman was not the target.