All-comer Kirai figured out?

Blog

I generally run Insidious Madness rather than Night Terrors. However as you have Seamus, the Night Terrors might not be a bad bet as I run them with him quite often and they do a similar job to Night Terrors.

You won't need Ikiryo as she is in the box set.

I love Jack Daw with her. but he's a bit of a finesse piece so if your just starting you might want to get used to her without him.

Otherwise the list looks good.

I agree, 2 shikome are the bomb, I also never hire them to start with as picking their prey at the start give the oppo a chance to attack them with something else. I have also never had the need for Night terrors or Insidious madness...

My lists generally look like

Kirai

LL

5xSeishin

fill up on Gaki

summon shikome and/or Ikiryo

I play Kirai alot and I'd disput the need for two shikome, they might be nice to have but I only own one and I can't recall a single game where I've wished or needed to have more than one. Now two might be nice, but are not essential.

I am thinking of getting another one, but mainly so I can try a double shikome list out for Seamus.

I almost always start one Shikome and then summon another. You want two on the table as often as possible. They're a must have x2 imho.

Also Insidious Madness is a must, potentially 2. A 16" move model to target ItSW on, but more importantly, handing out -ve Wp flips when most of your list can attack Wp, is amazing. Also, Kirai really needs initiative as so many of her models (particularly Ikiryo) are so squishy and Madness helps with that too.

Gaki are the things you shouldn't be using so much. Night Terrors are always a better starting piece. Gaki are there to summon.

Jack Daw is very hit or miss even for experienced players, as good players can play around him and a 9 point investment into a non-combative piece can cripple your list when it goes bad. Avoid him until you've got a lot of games under your belt and know how/when to use him.

Jack Daw is very hit or miss even for experienced players, as good players can play around him and a 9 point investment into a non-combative piece can cripple your list when it goes bad. Avoid him until you've got a lot of games under your belt and know how/when to use him.

I would disagree, I don't think I have had a game recently were he hasn't made his points back, he's been pivotal in beating Hamelin twice, almost always makes me the 1VP for his kill. And is very hard to play around him as Jack can be swirled wherever you need him. When so much of the game is about completing objectives having a model that can sit on a objective and is almost impossible to shift is also really really useful.

I agree, 2 shikome are the bomb, I also never hire them to start with as picking their prey at the start give the oppo a chance to attack them with something else.

You beat me to it! This is very true in my experience.

Gaki are the things you shouldn't be using so much. Night Terrors are always a better starting piece. Gaki are there to summon.

Night Terrors can do wonders for claiming objectives. With flight and their 'flock together' ability they can cover a lot of ground.

And Gaki are something she can summon. I like to start with what I can't summon.

Also, no body has mentioned Dead Rider yet. He can do wonders in a Kirai list. Being such a heavy hitter with regeneration he can stand up to a lot of punishment. (Although, he still dies more games than not!) He's not a spirit, but he can drag enemys back toward your line. Then when you kill them you can get a seishin from Kirai's ability.