New Game

I've been looking for something to play every now and then and I have to say that nothing really appealled to me. All of the games I looked at had a few nice minis but also loads that I didn't like. I ended up narrowing it down to Hell Dorado and Freebooters Fate. I got a couple of Hell Dorado minis because they had at least 1 faction that I liked enough of the minis. I've also bought the rule book and have to say it's not floatin my boat as much as I'd hoped. I also bought Mercs because my LGS were pushing it and it was rubbish. The minis are nice enough but the game is terrible. After a few versions it might get better but my stuff is going on ebay as soon as I can be bothered to list it. I'd always planned for Malifaux to be my main game with something else to play now and again for a change, guess I'll just be sticking to Malifaux on it's own.

If I could find opponents in Sydney, Pulp City. I already have some of the minis and the rules, and love the unique "Comic books in 3D" aesthetic to the game. I'm actually tempted to start demoing once my crews are done, just to get it out there more. In a way, ditto Uncharted Seas. It's huge in my old home city (Brisbane) but dead in the water (haha) here in Sydney where everyone jumps bandwagons, and went due Dystopian (which I won't touch; lovely minis but the rules are too fiddly. Give me the streamlined yet themey US any day).

As far as games I don't play.... not sure. I already play such a huge range that it's not really a hassle for me. Maybe Infinity if I could get my head around it. Definitely Hell Dorado if I could afford it. Other than that, I'm good :)

For me it could be any of the following:

Dystopian Wars

Sphere Wars (I like therules)

Warpath

Dark Age

AT-43

Freebooters Fate

Infinity (though I did play it before when it was in beta testing)

Anime Tactics

Flames of War

Cutlass (more pirates, as if Legends of the High Seas and other games weren't enough, lol)

When I look at most of those games all I need are the urle books since I've been collecting and using plenty of models form their ranges in other games for a while now, lol.

...I also bought Mercs because my LGS were pushing it and it was rubbish. The minis are nice enough but the game is terrible. After a few versions it might get better but my stuff is going on ebay as soon as I can be bothered to list it.

This is a bummer to hear. The minis are mostly awesome and the concept is solid. Can you describe what you didn't like about it?

Here are mine:

Alkemy: I went overboard and bought the entire first run plus a couple of extras here and there from Miniature Market and FRPGames. Great fluff (though much drier than Malfaux's), some unique concepts (harvesting spell components from terrain, accurately guessing a ranged attack's distance gives you a bonus to hit, tabling your opponent is an automatic draw, action points can be saved and used to react to opponents), and a mostly good line of minis (a few have issues because of the plastic formula used). 2 starters for under $20- if you like the minis, why not?

Infinity: Even though I'd probably suck even worse at Infinity than I do at most other games (including Malifaux, though choosing mostly "weaker" masters isn't helping), the theme, mini range, and ruleset intrigue me enough to keep my interest. I could field werewolves and Scotsmen, which sounds like the punchline of a terrible joke.

Uncharted Seas: I already play Firestorm: Armada but the fantasy naval theme appeals to me more.

Bushido: The same reasons Chucklemonkey said.

Freebooter's Fate: A great range of minis and a game simple enough that I might have a shot of playing it fairly well.

Kings of War: our FLGS has 2 players that are never available on my days off. If I could strongarm some of the WFB people into trying it I think they'd like it.

Warpath: All those Marines that are gathering dust might be useful after all. I'd be more inclined if there were rules for bike troops though.

For me, it's mostly about what I can get my friends to play.

A few days ago I started getting into Warmachine because we have a good community for it here, even though I've been avoiding it for years. The models really don't even begin to compare to Wyrd though.

But, I just picked a used army I will have no qualms with washing the crap out of and hopefully I enjoy the game play.

That said, I would like to play Infinity but nobody around here is interested.