50ss worth of Marcus for tourney - Help!

Tpenksa

New 50ss "pool" looks like this:

Marcus

Kaeris

Jackalope

Student of Conflict

Gunsmith

Night Terror x 3

Sillurid x 2

Soulstone Miner

Waldegeist

Total 5= 50 exactly....

Huh, this isn't actually far off what I was hoping to take for my 55SS crew for Cancon. The main difference is that I haven't painted Kaeris or a Gunsmith yet, so I'll probably be replacing her and her M&SU assets with Von Schill & friends.

Pity, I've been really hoping to try out that Soulstone Miner. :smuguppet1

Just to make sure I did this right today with the Soulstone Miner...

First turn Overdrive, Defensive stance, tunnel.

2nd Turn tunnel move in closing phase.

3rd turn pop up, kill a model, last action tunnel.

4th turn, pop up, kill a model, move once, tunnel..

5th turn pop up (1) to sabotage, tunnel.

6th turn, not needed...

With this whole time he never suffered two wounds from overdrive, always had defensive stance, and always had Melee Master (+2)??? I never cast or did any of those actions, save for the first turn...

IF I did this right oh man he is awesome, in fact he also gained me two soulstones from his trigger!

You did three things wrong;

- You must defensive stance before you tunnel as defensive stance must be the first thing you do.

- You can't sabotage if you're insignificant, which the SSMiner is on the turn he comes up.

- You don't get the points for sabotage if your models is buried at the end of the turn, he has to be in play (Ie, on the table) to get the VPs for it.

But you got the basic gist of how the ssminer works :)

My first turn action I (0) Overdrive, Defense Stance, Tunnel.... that's correct right?

Ah good call on the sabotage mistakes though. Oh well at that point all that was left for my opponent was Lazarus on the other side of the table (who Marcus finished off that turn). So I don't feel too bad. I could have popped up, stood where I was, capped it sixth turn just fine. Lesson learned but I am just glad it didn't cost my opponent, I hate if I get something wrong and it would have changed the whole game.

But jeeze, as long as I tunnel with my last action FOR SURE my melee master and defensive stance stays? I just want to make sure, it seems sort of over the top awesome.

• 2 months later...

With the new errata of the bury mechanic I am not quite sure if the Soulstone Miner is still worth it. With my list previously being:

Marcus

Kaeris

Jackalope

Student of Conflict

Gunsmith

Night Terror x 3

Sillurid x 2

Soulstone Miner

Waldegeis

I ask all of you what do you think? Is the list still viable ? Should I switch the miner for another Waldgeist? Or another gunsmith/gunslinger? Or I could take out the Miner for a third silurid with 1ss going to waste.... OR I could drop the miner + jackalope for the slate ridge mauler... any help would be greatly appreciated.