Themed crew- Independent Neverborn Association

I really like doing themed lists. They may not be super efficient but they can be a lot of fun. Recently I've been considering having a Independent Neverborn Association list. The idea is that Zoraida is unionizing/organizing all the neverborn that don't fall into one of the groups associated with a specific master (I'm using zoraida since she has no one group). The rule is you can only take things that do not have Nightmare, Doll, Woe, or Nephilim. Unfortunately that doesn't leave a lot! Here's the list of options:

Teddy (he gets nightmare when with the dreamer but doesn't have it usually)

Bad Juju

Silurid

Gupps

Spawn mother

Waldgeist

Edit- Hooded Rider also

Obviously the INA is a swamp based group. Might be fun to make up a swamp cabin with some logos :)

Edited by 011121

Seemed a bit backwards to say you like themed lists then use a recipe designed to give you absolutely no theme at all, but it seems to have worked :D

I think you got lucky with the swamp theme cropping up! Try that with other factions and I expect you'd get much more of a hodge podge.

Mike

Once you remove doll, nightmare, woe, and nephilim though, you should be ending up with Zoraida's swamp critters by design. Remember that thematically speaking

Collodi has his dolls.

The Dreamer has nightmares.

Pandora has woes.

Lilith has has the Nephilim.

Zoraida has everything in the swamp that didn't run away fast enough.

Really the only unexpected bonus is Teddy, and I think that's because he's not really pandora's minion, but Kade's.

P.S. You forgot hooded rider.

Seemed a bit backwards to say you like themed lists then use a recipe designed to give you absolutely no theme at all, but it seems to have worked :D

I think you got lucky with the swamp theme cropping up! Try that with other factions and I expect you'd get much more of a hodge podge.

I think the absence of a theme is also a theme. these are all the Neverborn that don't get invited into the cliques. They're the uncool kids who band together. I really wish the WW and doppelganger weren't nightmare and woe respectively.

I don't particularly see Zoraida as a swamp master, per se. She's just so flexible so as to work with everything. That plus the lack of a defining attribute to identify "her" troops. Now with that said, the above list highly coincides with Zoraida's box set :)

The Waldergeist looks more attuned to Lilith, as "mother nature's revenge" or something. At least that's what i got from the avatar vibe.

As stated above, Teddy seemed to be more about Kade's plush toy than Zoraida's voodoo thing.

Everything else sure fit in a swamp hag theme of sorts, and you can always add some gremlins (if i remember right).

Edited by Sybaris