Through the breach - A tale of three gamers

Balefirestorm

Mainstream? :P They're just fashionably green. That's all.

And as promised.... Pere Ravagé

500674_sm-Pere%20Ravag%26eacute%3B.jpg

And a short fact regarding his change of clothes. It was revealed that some time has passed in Malifaux between the Storm of shadows book and the upcoming M2e. And as such some characters change over time. Pere is one of those gremlins that change with the times. Not because he's very fashionable, but his low lizard cunning makes him view things.... ehm... differently. So as all gremlins know, dressing up like someone else in power will boost your confid... I mean powers. Seeing as Pere was not the most lucky of gremlins (being thrown with a Pigapult at least twice a week, getting Obeyd to go boom and just simply going boom), he looked around for some really really lucky guy. After a month of searching he found Mr Lynch, who seems to be one lucky guy (totally disregarding the big hungry hippo always hanging around him). Conclusion: Dress as mr Lynch and he'll be the luckiest gremlin in Malifaux ;) Logical enough, right?

• Like 1

Thank you. The main platform is made of thick cork and a layer of green stuff kneaded on top. Used a small stone to make the surface "rough". The log is a round piece of balsa wood with greens stuffed bark. And the small branch in the background is from a GW plastif woods set.

Have a WIP here:

500524_sm-Pere%20base%20WIP.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty nifty bases.

What I like about your Sorrow is the glow effect. What I dislike is the simple dry brush job. Just looks too flat in a way and not really smooth enough for something that emits a glowing effect. I am not sure if I can describe it correctly. D:

Just glowy shiny stuff doesn't come from rough textured stuff like that. Especially swirly whirls and poofy poofs. >_<

• 1 month later...

I really love the Pigapult too :) Didn't expect it to be quite so massive though :P

As for the new artwork, I do like it. I really like Ophelia's new artwork (the burning gaze of hatred) and Rami's (looks like he's just having a break) :)

And now for yet another update. Modified Bayou gremlin. I really like how he's turning out.

After a hard day's work, just taking it easy, smoking your pipe in bayou:

519190_sm-Bayou%20Gremlin%201%20WIP.jpg

Wow, I love how much character these models have. This one even doesn't look goofy at all.

Love your bases and I'm looking forward to see how the converted guys will come out.

It's almost as if they need a raft or a skiff somewhere.

The more I see Somer's gremlins the more I love them. I have Ophelia myself, but those have a totally different feel.

That paint job looks really good. Great job on the pig as well. Basing is awesome in detail, realism and simplicity (i.e not over stated). Great photo skills as well. All around phenomenal job.

The only real complaint I can muster is nothing you could have really done without re-sculpting his mouth.