Through the breach - A tale of three gamers

Balefirestorm

Great paintjobs on these two little green buggers. The additions to their bases (barrel and tree) add a nice little extra touch to them. The barrel itself could use some cleanup on the side but you've already noticed that so I'm sure it'll all look great in the end.

These look splendid.

I do have a quick question for you. I don't have my books handy, but Bert is on a 30mm, right?

That gun must have been a pain to assemble if it's not one piece!

anywhoo, I love these guys. can't wait to see the rest!

Thank you guys :)

Great painting. I really like the way you've made Burt Jebsen's foot brace against the barrel on the base. It looks like he's using 'Aim High'.

There was quite some thought behind his placement. I didn't really like his pose when just standing, so I was choosing between a barrel or a fallen tree. The barrel won this vote 1-0 :P

I do have a quick question for you. I don't have my books handy, but Bert is on a 30mm, right?

That gun must have been a pain to assemble if it's not one piece!

Burt is on a 30mm base. It wans't that bad actually. The gun is in four pieces, but being used to gluing gw plastics, this wasn't really a problem. I already managed to get Yan Lo's beard in place. So this was a way easy in comparison.

Awesome! It's kind of funny how similar our Francois models turned out. I swear they are fashion brothers in heart. xD

heh. Of course. We all know that Francois is a slave to fashion at heart ;)

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

And a quick photo of the next Gremlin in line ;) I'll try and add a better photo later today.

495920_sm-Raphael%20.jpg

Seems I can't get enough of painting these bloody gremlins :)

Next one is the true hero of the Lacroix clan. May I present... the piglet :D

498291_sm-Hero%20of%20Lacroix.jpg

And his trusty companion.. Rami Lacroix:

498290_sm-Rami%20Lacroix.jpg

Take extra note to the master stroke of Rami wearing a green and a red sock to make sure which way is right or left ;)

At this pace I might actually get my Ophelia crew done till the Beta release :D

I don't think much can be done to paint this mini better. They way you've done it brings all the twisted, crazy character in him.

Thank you. I was thinking of actually adding some water effect mixed with watered out wash to the buckets, both to make it look like some "water" or slime from the octopus. Don't know though.

That's part of the original sculpt (at least for one of them anyway).

Don't really want to know what's in the other one's bucket to be honest ;)