Grease Lightening aka Marcus

rancor709

Played my first game as Marcus and can't believe the speed that crew as a whole can generate. Very impressed with the overall speed that I was able to achieve with the crew. I see from the first game that marcus' crew selection is of paramount importance. The first game I drew recon and built the crew more to test models than to win the mission and while i was able to test the models, the error in selection was rapidly apparent. I look forward to more games with Marcus as I learn his crew selection via mission better. He is exceedingly fun and surprisingly solid. Wild Heart is perhaps the most versatile ability in the game. The ability to power up marcus for whatever he needs that turn really elevates him as a master. He is such a departure from my normal crews and I'm looking forward to exploring him further.

Some basic observations from the first game. Siliruds are fast and fragile. They are not recommended for reconnoiter and I stand by others who have said that is the case. They don't have the staying power to be used in this strategy when compared to other models. But few things can move as rapidly reliably as they can.

Moleman- Interesting model, I like it for defend me, but its an odd mini. Not really ideal for reconnoiter either but a strong mini with some fun gimmicks.

Soulstone miner, wow this model is fantastic both in the mini itself and in its rules. The strength of being able to pop up hurt something and leave without repercussion was excellent. This is a mini I see including fairly often as its damage potential and movement potential is amazing. Really a strong 6ss mini one of the best things marcus can take.

Sabertooth Cerebrus: Not a mini for reconnoiter but a strong piece for sure. Very good mobility and really nice hitting power. But it has to kill what it goes after as if something is left standing it will hurt this cat big time.

Just some observations from the first game it was amazing to have power ritual completed by the end of turn 2, but the crew didn't have the staying power for reconnoiter or the staying power for breakthrough. I wanted to test some things out as it was a first game with marcus and all of these models so I needed to see what they could do.

Marcus is very fascinating master, I throw him into a bad situation and he nearly made it out fine, as it was he lasted longer than my opponent or myself would have initially thought. The lawyer is interesting option and i'm sure i'll at some point have everything marcus can field just because I might need it or want to try it.

Marcus is very fascinating master, I throw him into a bad situation and he nearly made it out fine, as it was he lasted longer than my opponent or myself would have initially thought. The lawyer is interesting option and i'm sure i'll at some point have everything marcus can field just because I might need it or want to try it.

I have about 80+ models for Marcus and still nowhere near got everything for him...*facepalm*