Henchman Clarification

ArcticFox

Question

Hey all,

I've seen a bit of discussion about tactics that combine Kaeris and Rasputina, but from what I understand in the rules, that isn't possible. Am I missing something?

What I mean:

In the Rules Manual, pg 71 it says:

In a Brawl, the player must choose one or two eligible Masters as the Crew's leaders.

Ok, so Kaeris can't be a leader in a Brawl. No teaming up with Raspy that way.

Under the Henchmen section, in the part describing how a Master can hire a henchman in a crew, it says:

These Henchmen must belong to the same Special Forces group.

Does that mean same Special Forces group as the Master? If so... Kaeris has Special Forces(M&SU Asset). Does that mean she can only be hired by a Master who also has (M&SU Asset)? if so, then doesn't that suggest she can only be hired by Colette or Ramos? (who both are M&SU Members)

Or am I misunderstanding the part about being in the same Special Forces group?

8 answers to this question

Ok that makes sense. Thanks. I think I was thrown off by there being no way to have more than one Henchman representing a SF group at the moment.

Wyrd is REALLY good about laying out rules that come into a play a book or so down the road.

I'm at the point that when I see an "odd" rule that doesn't really do anything now I'm confident it will....oh yes, it will.

Wyrd is REALLY good about laying out rules that come into a play a book or so down the road.

I'm at the point that when I see an "odd" rule that doesn't really do anything now I'm confident it will....oh yes, it will.

I agree. Their planning is usually excellent. It one of the many things they do well.