Best way to deal with Counter-spell

dbr_83

Having come across 2 Masters with the counter-spell ability, I'm wondering what the more efficient way to deal with it is?

As I have Pandora, a totem and Doppelganger, is it better to keep the spells flying and hope he tries to counter the ones I don't care if they work or not, or should I activate other models first to get him to burn his hand?

On a side note: Sonnia Kriid is so many types of annoying *grumbles about -flips on Panda's Wp and casting*

I prefer the spam spells approach. But obviously it depends how many offensive spells you have access too. And how many AP you have to spend on them. If you can, spam some offensive spells at Sonnia from lower/weaker models first, and then with no hand or a weak hand you can move onto the more expensive/stronger spells, knowing they can't really afford to dispell, and can't cheat as well. Much the same as trying to burn through someone's hand for any other reason really.

Obviously, just getting in lots of attacks burns through their hand as well, but if your crew is cast heavy, this may not be the best option.

If youre not burning cards to get the spells off, You could look at it as an advantage to make her burn said cards. If shes throwing tomes, that means she has to burn a SS to get the tomes in her casts. If not, thats 2 cards for every 1 spell you cast, thats alot of card advantage youre gaining.

Turning an opponents advantage into your own seems like a pretty powerful way of dealing with anything I figure. Forcing the opponent to make tough decisions can only be good for you imho

Edited by fritz the cat

well... there are always stitched togethers

what about VS's crew? do they have anything like that?

(I don't know about much beyond the neverborn bunch lol)

Hans has headshot... um... I cant really think of anything else that does in outcasts off hand

I dont think its as strong an interaction for neverborn in particular, I can see guild or ressers laughing all the way to the bank though.

As a resser player, hell yeah. I'll spam lure to the cows come home if you burn cards to stop it.

The stitched they are amazingly effective model. And in does not die for extra fun. But forcing cards out of your opponents hand opens them up for all the death by a thosand papercuts that pandy thrives on. Counterspell can be overcome and its a lot to give up. Add in models like stitched that force discards and u have a reciepe to neuter the counterspell ability.

Hans isn't that bad of an idea for Neverborn. Hans is actually very good at picking off high point cost models. He has a CB 5 and most expensive models have a Df 4. You have the slight advantage to win the fight. Also Headshot requires a :crows while Neverborn models typically need a :masks. This way Hans and other models are not fighting over :masks.

The one draw back with Hans is that he can only shoot at one model a turn. Unless Zoraida hexes it off (which is what I usually do). However this can also be a benefit. Your opponent knows that Hans can only shoot one model. They will either avoid his line of sight out of fear, or throw a high defense model at him. If they avoid him, you can herd his models where you want them. If they stick a high defense model in his path, cheat in a :rams for a Damage output of 4/4/7 because of Critical Strike. Your opponent will have to cheat it, or suffer the loss of his model.