Spawn Mother list

iamthefly

I like this.

But I'm having trouble fitting her into a Zoraida swamp theme list at 30-35ss, everything just feels too fragile.

What are peoples thoughts on the usefulness of the Spawn Mother and how to get the most out of her?

Its worth mentioning that I usually play on a sewer board, but not always.

Cheers,

Merry Christmas

well, the terrain is certainly advantageous for her...

From what ive read, and what ive seen others say...

the forceast on her usefulness isnt great. Being pinned to her little pond really limits her usefulness in my opinion. And her fragility doesnt help the matter much either.

The gupps could be interesting... but ...not really no.

Im personally thinking shes going to be a very strategy specific minion.

Its just a matter of figuring out what that strategy in particular is

She has her pros and cons but I like her. I have already created the 3 inch spawning pool terrain and use a murlock from WoW board gam. The only downside I see to her is that the gupps can't be grown into silurids. Her poison is good seems fairly quick, but I really think they should have made gupps growable. Zoraida could have a swampbeast grow lists you could use malifaux raptors for 2 corpse counters each. Something like

Z

Spawn mother 8

Gupps 3

Silurid x3 15

Malifaux raptors x 2 6

With 3ss left over for either ss gupp or raptor

Also

Z

SM 8

Silurid x3 15

Juju

What I'm looking forward to (and I'm hoping they do this) is multiple different ways to "evolve" the gups.

I'm picturing this:

Eggcentric Shaman

8 SS

Graverobber

Basic Silurid shutffs: Unstable Evolution, Amphibious, Pack, Instinctual (+1)

(Spell) Expediate Evolution (1) [CC:15*, Rst: -, Rg: 10"]

The casting cost suit is based on the chart below. Sacrifice a Gup. Summon a model depending on the suit. That model suffers 1 wd. This spell can be cast once per turn per crew.

:rams: Aqua-Robo Spawn - A rare 3 silurid construct beast that can create a water pool and can "trip" enemies by shooting water at them (they make a df resist or receive slow). When hired by Hoffman or Ramos, you can also hire silurids from other factions.

:crows: Ancestor Spirit - A silurid spirit beast that buffs other silurids' melee attacks. Also gives a model Instinctual (+1). Can use a (1) action to have another silurid or spirit take a (0) action. When hired by Kirai, it may start up to 6" outside of your deployment zone and gains the rare 2 characteristic.

:tomes: Angry Waterspitter - A somewhat slower ranged burning token-dishing silurid beast with smoldering heart. Can be hired by Kaeris and Sonnia. When hired by one of these leaders, they get +2" Rg and +1 Dg to their ranged attack and can draw ranged strike LoS from another model with smoldering heart (who suffers 1 Wd).

:masks: Silruid - Run-of-the-mill. Nothing new here.

Bred to the Pack: When this model casts Expedite Evolution, if it summoned with a :masks cast, the summoned model does not suffer a wound and may be summoned anywhere on the board within 2" of a friendly silurid.

There ya' go. 4 new units there and a fine basis for a crazy fish crew. I kinda want to design these gus; they seem fun. Now we just need a silurid henchman.

It kinda looks like the sort of path they're gonna take (eyeballing the Austringer's bonus against silurids for example).

EDIT: After many edits, I am realizing that I may be having a little too much fun thinking of these buggers' stats. Don't mind me :)

Edited by brdparker

What I'm looking forward to (and I'm hoping they do this) is multiple different ways to "evolve" the gups.

I'm picturing this:

Eggcentric Shamen

8 SS

This SS is for the Shamen and one gup

Basic Silurid shutffs

Unstable Evolution, Amphibious, Pack, Instinctual

Expediate Evolution (1) [CC:15*, Rst: -, Rg: 10"]

The casting cost suit is based on the chart below. Sacrifice a Gup. Summon a model depending on the suit. That model suffers 1 wd. This spell can be cast once per turn per crew.

:rams: Aqua-Robo Spawn - A silurid construct beast that can create a water pool and can "trip" enemies by shooting water at them (the make a df resist or receive slow)

:crows: Silurid Ancestor Spirit - A silurid spirit beast that buffs other silurids' melee attacks. Also gives a model Instinctual.

:tomes: Angry Waterspitter - A somewhat slower ranged burning token-dishing silurid beast. Can be hired by Kaeris and Sonnia.

:masks: Silruid - Nothing new here

There ya' go. 4 new units there and a fine basis for a crazy fish crew. I kinda want to design these gus; they seem fun. Now we just need a silurid henchman.

It kinda looks like the sort of path they're gonna take (eyeballing the Austringer's bonus against silurids for example).

I really like this idea, actually.

Although I'd prefer it if the spawn mother could evolve them on her own

I like the concept. I'm not digging robo gup but I apperciate the thought on it. But if it looked like a sharkacon I'd be down for it.

The initial thought was that the silurid race was once a great aquatic species, and some event dumbed them down to what we see today. The robot was suppsoed to be one of the last remnants of that civilization. Yeah... I'm not too pleased with the concept either honestly.

Any other suggestions? Maybe a hyper-evolved silurid spellcaster of some kind that can use psychic energy to wound those attacking the spawn mother.

Iv been wanting to do a silurid z list for ages but don't think it works very well (all theory faux ofc)

How about a silurid prime? Like a 'big pond daddy' think bad juju but with fins and gills..

Could start with a pond feature.. so by hiring the prime, you get to place a 3x3 piece of water terrain on the table before first activation..

Back to the topic though, I do see the spawn mother having uses.. but don't see it being an auto include..